O's outfield wars are about to begin

wildcard

On 8/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Is Mullins' roster spot on the 40 man roster guaranteed for 2020? I don't know how many players have to be added, but I could see Elias deciding that Mullins isn't worth protecting on the 40 man roster. 

I don't know what Mullins can do offensively after his disappointing showings the last two years, but I'm not sure it would matter to me. I was more than surprised last year to see how bad Mullins' throwing was. I don't see how you can plan to build a defensively solid team with an ar,like Mullins' in CF. As a stop-gap next season, I don't see him as an upgrade over Santander or Wilkerson. I think I'd rather give Hays a try in CF than give major league ABs to Mullins.

I don't know about Mason Williams defensively, but if there's any chance he'd be an average or  better-than-average major league CFer, I'd like to see him get a shot. Seeing him in September would be nice, but I wouldn't take risks to get him on the 40-man roster just to do that. 

32 minutes ago, Philip said:

Sadly, I think Mullins is gone. Bad offense is ok is you offer excellent defense( or vice versa)but Mullins offers neither.

we don’t have many guys who can do both, but we’ve no room for someone who does neither.

Mullins’ glove was quite good this year.    The arm, not so much.   

On 8/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, Frobby said:

I think the throw was more impressive than the catch.   

I think he covered more ground on the catch where he made the throw than on the catch where he dove. Not sure why the dive was necessary.