I actually liked this team.

Bahama O's Fan

1 minute ago, theocean said:

Their Pythagorean W-L was 60-102. Definitely some truth to what you're saying here.

I don't know how much I buy into the Pythagorean W-L thing, but I do know that this team did not play very good fundamental baseball this season. Whether that was because of coaching or the players' baseball IQ is hard to tell at this point, but I'd probably be more apt to blame it on the players.

Honestly, with the amount of baseball that these players have played over their lives before they get to the big leagues, if they still don't know how to hit a cutoff man, cover a base, or run the bases properly, I'm not sure we can blame that on the major league coaches.

• Thanks 1

I think that part of the problem was players playing out of position.  Wilkerson is not a center fielder (or a pitcher).  Mancini is not a right fielder.  Santander is not a center fielder.  Villar is not really a shortstop.  Nunez is neither a first or third baseman.  Martin was not ready to play at the ML level.  If Stewart - Hays - Santander is the opening day outfield, I think outfield defense will be better, at least. 

On related notes, Mancini needs to be traded or locked into first base or DH (largely depending on Mountcastle's progress).  Neither Severino or Sisco are good defenders, but they'll  do til some other guy comes up ?.  But the rest of the infield is a mess, especially if/when Villar is traded.