Hess is copying the Means plan

Frobby

33 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I can't believe there are people out there who still try to reply "first" in the comments sections of blogs. 

Saying that, good to hear Hess is working on things. I still think the Orioles should ficus him in the pen and see what happens, but considering the current options, I could see giving Hess another shot.

It does seem weird that our pitchers have to go outside the organization for these programs with all the money we are putting into systems and supposed experts coming into the organization.

Why wouldn't every pitcher in the organization have these kinds of personalized plans? If there is offseason work that can help pitchers improve, you would think the Orioles should be investing heavily into these programs.

I agree and hopefully we are much further along that road than we were last offseason.  

54 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I can't believe there are people out there who still try to reply "first" in the comments sections of blogs. 

I hardly ever check the MASN blogs comment section. If I want to read real baseball discussion I come here. With Hess working on a plan, it gives me hope that this regime will maximize the talents of the organization's pitching arms. 

36 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It does seem weird that our pitchers have to go outside the organization for these programs with all the money we are putting into systems and supposed experts coming into the organization.

Why wouldn't every pitcher in the organization have these kinds of personalized plans? If there is offseason work that can help pitchers improve, you would think the Orioles should be investing heavily into these programs.

A lot of those people work elsewhere in the offseason, including at these types of facilities. 

13 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

A lot of those people work elsewhere in the offseason, including at these types of facilities. 

I notice Kyle Boddy, recently hired as the Reds pitching coordinator, is promoting and touting Driveline daily. 

5 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I notice Kyle Boddy, recently hired as the Reds pitching coordinator, is promoting and touting Driveline daily. 

A bunch of the top Driveline guys have a special arrangement where they are still directly involved with the business while working for the team. Most coaches don't have the leverage to work something like that out, but they'll pick up gigs at training centers or teach camps or clinics, etc. 

• Upvote 1