Chris Tillman Showcase

Il BuonO

On 12/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, ScGO's said:

If he threw well enough to impress our new talent evaluators and Elias could get him on a milb, why not

This.  I'm doubtful on all of things happening, but I wish Chris well.  Be awesome to see him make it back to the bigs and have some success.

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:39 AM, Curse of the Bamdino said:

I'm probably one of the biggest Tilly fans here, and I'll forever be thankful for his steady, stabilizing presence in our rotation at a time when we desperately needed it. 

That said, given where this franchise currently is, I'd just as soon use that flier on a, say, 25-28 y.o. with a clean arm, than on a soon-to-be 32-y.o. with a surgically repaired shoulder who hasn't pitched competitively since 2018. Let's move on.

The guy literally gave us everything he had in the 2016 WC game and we gave him a nice parachute payment for that afterwards.  We actually have really good SP depth in AA/AAA, with real prospects, so I wouldn't even want him there.  

• Upvote 1

Honestly, it felt like Tillman should have gotten surgery after 2016, IMO. He was not the same pitcher second half of 2016 and beyond. I know it's a tough decision to make, but trying to pitch on a broken wing for 2 years had to be more miserable than surgery/rehab.  Obviously most shoulder injuries are pretty fatal for pitchers, but if he was ever going to get right, surgery was probably the path. Curious to see if he gets any sort of looks. 

Edited by Bubble Buddy
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Honestly, it felt like Tillman should have gotten surgery after 2016, IMO. He was not the same pitcher second half of 2016 and beyond. I know it's a tough decision to make, but trying to pitch on a broken wing for 2 years had to be more miserable than surgery/rehab.  Obviously most shoulder injuries are pretty fatal for pitchers, but if he was ever going to get right, surgery was probably the path. Curious to see if he gets any sort of looks. 

The way that he broke is really difficult to come back from and regain the arm strength and velocity. 

He'll probably have to convert to one of those soft-tossing Moyer-esque ultra-control guys to have success now.  But who knows?  Maybe he can do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

The way that he broke is really difficult to come back from and regain the arm strength and velocity. 

He'll probably have to convert to one of those soft-tossing Moyer-esque ultra-control guys to have success now.  But who knows?  Maybe he can do it.

I don't see him having the command.