O’s Player Development has its own Twitter site now

Frobby

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When he says he wouldn't trade our young pitchers for anyone else's....ehhh....

giphy.gif

Slick promo though.

There's a pretty good article about that here:

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2018/12/10/18133919/baseball-trades-prospect-rankings-top-50-busts

tl;dr: prospects that are traded generally underperform compared to prospects that aren't. The logical conclusion from this is that teams have a fairly good idea which of their internal prospects might flame out, that other teams might not be privy to, and so the prospects available from another team are going to be subpar.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When he says he wouldn't trade our young pitchers for anyone else's....ehhh....

giphy.gif

Slick promo though.

Maybe he's already counting Hancock.

Even without him, though, there probably aren't a ton of prospect foursomes I'd take for Rodriguez/Hall/Baumann/Harvey.

SDP: Gore/Patino/Morejon/Baez - perhaps the lone easy yes

DET: Mize/Manning/Skubal.... I'd do it, but not

Maybes:

LAD: May/Gray/Gonsolin...

OAK: Luzardo/Puk....

TOR: Pearson/Manoah/SWR....

CWS: Kopech/Dunning...

KC: Singer/Lynch/Bubic...

I also imagine by our internal measures the Brnovich's of the world are better than lots of pitchers with more name recognition among the prospect hounds, and suppose we're getting kind of good at the 8-deep and 20-deep vis-a-vis other clubs.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

My hope is that this account will be very active and post several clips a day of our prospects in action.    

That would be great and would be the least they could do for fans who are gonna watch the team lose 100 games for the third year in a row. Our minor league teams are awful at posting highlights except for Norfolk. I know they don't have nice cameras filming the game but the grainy flip phone quality videos that Bowie puts out are awful.