Ok, this is completely unreliable so don't trust it...but a couple rumors

safoster

Ok...

Don't flame me, but maybe bigbird can substantiate these rumors if they are true or shoot them down if they are not.

A friend of mine managed to run into an O's scout and asked him what we could possibly see with the trading deadline. According to this guy...

Ramon is essentially gone, they're trying to shop him hard.

Attempting to find a taker for Gibbons, though don't know who could possibly want him...

Not trading Roberts at the deadline, but could see him traded to the Cubs in the offseason for Rich Hill...

Again, don't trust them...just thought what he said was of interest.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok...

Don't flame me, but maybe bigbird can substantiate these rumors if they are true or shoot them down if they are not.

A friend of mine managed to run into an O's scout and asked him what we could possibly see with the trading deadline. According to this guy...

Attempting to find a taker for Gibbons, though don't know who could possibly want him...

Not trading Roberts at the deadline, but could see him traded to the Cubs in the offseason for Rich Hill...

Why would we trade Roberts for another SP? We have no one in our system that can come in and play 2b unless there's someone in FA that we're targeting, but I dont see any big names. I highly doubt Roberts get moved, he's becoming the face of this franchise....

As far as Ramon, I'm curious to see what type of value we could get for him in return. Maybe the FO has been making more progress with Weiters than what we're hearing...Gibby, no chance.

Ok...

Hmmm...I wonder if the Ramon trade is the move that some folks say we're not going to like. I wouldn't mind it, depending what we get back. I'm assuming that if Ramon is moved, Wieters (if signed) will be on the fast track here. I would think that the Mets could be interested in Ramon.

I can't believe we'd find anyone to take Gibbons, either.

Trading Roberts for Rich Hill doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

I agree with you. I don't see much of a need there in Hill and a glaring loss with Roberts going elsewhere. I also tend to be wary of trading for NL pitchers, especially coming to the AL east. Maybe a MacPhail factor?

Hmmm...I wonder if the Ramon trade is the move that some folks say we're not going to like. I wouldn't mind it, depending what we get back. I'm assuming that if Ramon is moved, Wieters (if signed) will be on the fast track here. I would think that the Mets could be interested in Ramon.

I can't believe we'd find anyone to take Gibbons, either.

It might be Hill and Fontenot which would make sense. I'd much rather deal Roberts to the Mets if we were going to trade him. With Kendrick out with a broken finger the Angels might be another destination.

If Ramon is moved Wieters has to be up here next year. I don't know if that's too soon of a timeline or not...

I wonder if anybody is scouting O's players by any chance. Seeing NL scouts would be a dead giveaway...

I don't like the idea of selling him now. Its not that I'm opposed to trading him, I'm just opposed to selling low. He's playing way below his average and can hit a lot better, but hes been battling injuries this year. Unless the FA knows something we don't know about his injury, he should stay and we can shop him in the offseason when his value will probably be higher.

I agree with you. I don't see much of a need there in Hill and a glaring loss with Roberts going elsewhere. I also tend to be wary of trading for NL pitchers, especially coming to the AL east. Maybe a MacPhail factor?

I'm not worried about trading for NL pitchers, I just don't see how that deal would make sense for us. Hill is a good pitcher, who could be very good. I just don't see how this team, with the lack of offense, would trade one of their best hitters for a pitcher.

Unless, of course, they are planning on dealing Bedard for position players?

I'm not worried about trading for NL pitchers, I just don't see how that deal would make sense for us. Hill is a good pitcher, who could be very good. I just don't see how this team, with the lack of offense, would trade one of their best hitters for a pitcher.

Unless, of course, they are planning on dealing Bedard for position players?

Hernandez and Hill

For

Salty and Kelly Johnson

Interesting. If Ramon is traded, I would think that a trade with the Braves is next to get Salty. I've got to admit that I haven't thought much about trading Ramon, but it isn't a bad idea. He would likely bring a pretty good return.

If that were true, it would kinda say to me that the O's aren't liking their chances of signing Weiters.

I think it's very important to remember that Wieters, as with any draft choice, is not a sure thing. I am a big proponent of procuring draft choices and building from within, but to annoit Wieters as a sure thing is risky.

I like Wieters a great deal, but if a great young (and ML-ready) prospect like Saltalamacchia is available, I would say we would be foolish to not consider acquiring him. If we sign Wieters and he looks like the second coming at Bowie, then we can deal with the wonderful issue of having two great young backstops.

Archived