Jomboy: Albert Belle refuses to take 1B

Enjoy Terror

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I've never quite understood why Albert Belle gets trashed so much by old-time O's fans. Wasn't his fault that his hip fell apart on him--he tried his absolutely hardest to play with pain. I still remember him hustling hard down the first-base line despite the fact that he could only limp. I know he was surly, even to some fans, but that shouldn't overshadow his fire to play and win.

I think most fans are fine with rooting for a huge jerk if he gets a big hit in the playoffs.

What most people don’t remember about this incident is that when Belle stepped to the plate in extra innings he was already 4-4 on the day with 3 HRs and 6 RBI. I’m surprised the Angels’ pitcher wasn’t tossed for trying to put one in Albert’s ear. If the ump had done his job maybe Belle goes to first right away instead of arguing about it. In any case I think he was correct in that the pitch hit his bat and not his hand. 

2 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I always thought that incident was hilarious. If the extent of Albert Belle being an [insert non safe word] were things like that, he would be irascible but perhaps likable. Unfortunately, they weren’t all like that.

19 minutes ago, atomic said:

I did that to a girl in intra mural softball in college. It wasn’t appreciated much by the other team. 

Did she go out with you afterwards?

I broke a 2nd base girls arm in intramurals in college.  I hit left handed and smoked a one hopper of her harm.  She puked.  She did not go out with me afterwards.

48 minutes ago, atomic said:

I did that to a girl in intra mural softball in college. It wasn’t appreciated much by the other team. 

A guy did that to me in a touch football game in elementary school. To my credit, I popped up and was eyeball to eyeball with him when he was talking smack. I had no idea where I was... (perhaps still don’t).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Did she go out with you afterwards?

I broke a 2nd base girls arm in intramurals in college.  I hit left handed and smoked a one hopper of her harm.  She puked.  She did not go out with me afterwards.

No her boyfriend was on her team.  

14 hours ago, LA2 said:

I've never quite understood why Albert Belle gets trashed so much by old-time O's fans. Wasn't his fault that his hip fell apart on him--he tried his absolutely hardest to play with pain. I still remember him hustling hard down the first-base line despite the fact that he could only limp. I know he was surly, even to some fans, but that shouldn't overshadow his fire to play and win.

The same fans also turn on Eddie Murray and Manny, to just name a couple.

The Oriole fandom has got some great fans, but when you fall out of favor, they turn on you quick.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Apparently MLB marketing's department in 1999 thought every team of the future would wear uniforms with oversized logos. ?

tatc-feat.jpg

mlb_ga_future_cr_1296x729.jpg

Ok but that Pirates logo is awesome.

All in all they look like the randomly generated logos when you create a team in Madden.