Tony Quote and “who needs what” trade query

HowAboutThat

12 hours ago, eddie83 said:

The AL playoffs are basically set. 

The 8 teams now will be the 8 teams in the postseason. I guess Texas would be a long shot candidate. The Orioles while in it mathematically are showing their issues. Seattle, Detroit and KC are all rebuilding and Boston and LAA have dug huge holes. 

In the NL it’s much more fluid. The first 5 teams out of the playoffs right now are NYM, Was, Philly, MIL and Cincy. Pittsburgh is awful and SF isn’t any good either. Right now 13 teams are hanging around. Have to see what happens in next 10 days. Clearly the AL will be the teams willing to deal the most. Question is do they have anything worthwhile? 

This statement is laughable. I agree there is a handful of teams almost guaranteed to get in but we’ve played less than half the games.  One hot or cold streak, a few injuries, could make a big difference in a 60 game season with 35 games left. There will be some surprises in both leagues. 

7 hours ago, ChuckS said:

This statement is laughable. I agree there is a handful of teams almost guaranteed to get in but we’ve played less than half the games.  One hot or cold streak, a few injuries, could make a big difference in a 60 game season with 35 games left. There will be some surprises in both leagues. 

Angels 11 games under .500

Mariners 10 games under .500

Red Sox 9 games under .500

Three rebuilding teams Orioles 12-14, Tigers 10-14, Royals 11-15. 

Rangers are 10-15. 

Please tell me who you think out of this bunch is going to the playoffs?  The Orioles are going to turn it around and chase down the Jays? Tigers or Royals going to chase down the ChiSox?

I mentioned the Rangers as a long shot. They are 5 games under and although not in a rebuild on paper there isn’t much there.  

• Upvote 1

i did a bit of reading and among AL teams:

White Sox need a 2B

Indians could also use a 2B

A’s need a 2B

Rangers need an OF

that’s just a cursory glance. I don’t know whether the Rangers will try anything but the White Sox are definitely hungry, and Alberto would be an upgrade for a team that will threaten for the Division crown.