Justin Smoak Released

Can_of_corn

7 hours ago, O's84 said:

Somewhere JTrea's mouth is watering.

Someone has to know where JTrea is hanging out now a day?  I thought about him learking on one of the other boards I was considering when this one was gone for a spell. Or maybe he came back here as atomic but with some Xanax?

13 hours ago, sevastras said:

Someone has to know where JTrea is hanging out now a day?  I thought about him learking on one of the other boards I was considering when this one was gone for a spell. Or maybe he came back here as atomic but with some Xanax?

Well I know he had that Orioles Anonymous site but I haven't checked that in years.  I know he got a second chance to post here, but got himself banned pretty quickly.  I saw he posted a few times on Baltimoresportsandlife.  Other than that I have no idea.  Maybe he'll start a cult or something.

• Upvote 1

Ends up with Giants, another orange and black on our general line, including the delightful 2020 out of the blue.

I suppose it stings a little less with Vavra here now, but one "other team" move from the Elias era I envied was Zaidi's quick purchase of Will Wilson for about $10M.   He's probably not going to become any great shakes but a passable bottom of lineup guy for the MLB minimum as both our teams ascend may help Zaidi beat Elias in a few years for some FA or trade acquisition that matters.

I agree Elias has more latitude from the Angelos sons than anyone had under Peter, but I suspect it perhaps didn't go as far as I can throw 8 figures at someone on a moment's notice because the Angels need to clear payroll for Rendon.