Tankathon

hutchead

On 4/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, scOtt said:

Kjerstad's condition is troubling but it sounds like very treatable. He hasn't played a single professional game yet so I think concerned is way too harsh a word.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, scOtt said:

I agree with you, but that exactly the reason they gave for playing Ruiz at 2B the last week of ST. "Just to get him some reps."

I agree because I don't want RMC getting "practice reps" at 1B, I want him getting as many reps in LF as possible. He fits better there.

No he doesn’t.

He’s a DH/1B and the sooner he moves mentally and not just physically, the better.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, hutchead said:

For the first time this season the O's are now atop the Tankathon board. But the Rockies must win today for the Birds to stay there and the Rockies currently lead 2-0 heading into the sixth.

Rockies won today, their 3rd win in a row. So the O's & Twins are now tied for last in the majors (both with a 17-29 record). The Diamondbacks are next (18-30).

We have 6 games against the Twins in the next week & a half. Should be interesting.

Edited by rm5678
added info about upcoming schedule

2 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Rockies won today, their 3rd win in a row. So the O's & Twins are now tied for last in the majors (both with a 17-29 record). The Diamondbacks are next (18-30).

We have 6 games against the Twins in the next week & a half. Should be interesting.

If the Orioles road record comes back to the mean they will remain among the top of the tankathon leaderboard all season. 

• 2 months later...

The Orioles now have their largest lead of the season in the chase for the top draft pick - three games over Arizona. But even better than that, the O's would have to win five more games than the Diamondbacks from here on out in order to fall back behind. That's because they have a four game lead in the win column and they also own the tiebreaker. So it's looking more and more real now. Yeah, I know...others will say what good will it do because Elias won't take the best player available. Yada, yada. Maybe he didn't the last two years but he did the last time he chose 1-1 so I have to believe he will again if given the chance.