Sisco DFA’ed

Legend_Of_Joey

3 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Sure, for Rutschman/Hall/Rodriguez. Maybe Bradish (though I disagree in his situation) But Jones? And Eshelman added to the 40 over Lowther who starts tonight in AAA and is obviously already on the 40. And like SG said, all these catcher moves while Rutschman stays in AA? Only defense for that is keeping him paired with Rodriguez/Hall, and kicking the can so it doesn’t look so obvious later on that he’s working the service clock on AR. 

And Hall isn’t even likely to make a start for close to a month.

5 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Sure, for Rutschman/Hall/Rodriguez. Maybe Bradish (though I disagree in his situation) But Jones? And Eshelman added to the 40 over Lowther who starts tonight in AAA and is obviously already on the 40. And like SG said, all these catcher moves while Rutschman stays in AA? Only defense for that is keeping him paired with Rodriguez/Hall, and kicking the can so it doesn’t look so obvious later on that he’s working the service clock on AR. 

He bothered with Mountcastle who was a fringe 100 guy at the time.

Can you think of another time in which a team worried about the service time of a fringe top 100 player?

Jones, well with Jones I think he's just that bad at second base.

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maximizing service time is more important than the current ML roster.

It's all about the bottom line.

You maximize service time for your big prospects. Bradish easily could have started this game. Wells is an option, he hasn’t done great this year but just had a nice game. Whoever Cameron Bishop is just had a nice game at Bowie and is obviously stretched out to be a starter. There’s a reward to a player who has done well and no one expects anything from. I’m just saying there are other options other than a player we all know is a lock to have an absolutely terrible game and we know this because his time at the big leagues has not been great and he’s having a bad year in the minors. 

Just a huge red flag for me for how this team is run. Not being good because you’re saving resources for a better time and going out of your way to be bad as possible are two different things. The way Elias is running this team is an insult to baseball just as much as the Yankees and Dodgers outspending everyone year after year. I’m just glad I didn’t have to pay for my MLB.tv subscription. It’s easy enough to just lose interest now

1 minute ago, oriole said:

You maximize service time for your big prospects. Bradish easily could have started this game. Wells is an option, he hasn’t done great this year but just had a nice game. Whoever Cameron Bishop is just had a nice game at Bowie and is obviously stretched out to be a starter. There’s a reward to a player who has done well and no one expects anything from. I’m just saying there are other options other than a player we all know is a lock to have an absolutely terrible game and we know this because his time at the big leagues has not been great and he’s having a bad year in the minors. 

Just a huge red flag for me for how this team is run. Not being good because you’re saving resources for a better time and going out of your way to be bad as possible are two different things. The way Elias is running this team is an insult to baseball just as much as the Yankees and Dodgers outspending everyone year after year. I’m just glad I didn’t have to pay for my MLB.tv subscription. It’s easy enough to just lose interest now

I don't think they can promote anyone directly from Bowie due to Covid restrictions.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think they can promote anyone directly from Bowie due to Covid restrictions.

Well, that certainly changes my perspective a little bit. I didn’t know that. But I stand by most of it...either Wells or Bradish could’ve made the trip. Eschelman is just just a white flag move and after the last few games (or whole season really) I’d have loved to see the organization show any fight whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Eshelman is terrible.  There is no need to get a look at him.

It just makes no sense to me.  And all of these Norfolk catcher moves and Adley isn’t moving up?  Wtf?  

Thry say one thing but the roster moves indicate something else.

If you were the President of the Orioles and had to make decisions both short term and long term with a vast history of working on rebuilds and the time it takes... with more uncertainty to the future than you had previously (because the CBA expires this December)... there are posters/bloggers/fans/writers that don't care about service time considerations and contracts.  Get Adley up now and screw the clock and if he is ready.  Look what happened to the Mariner's #1 prospect.  Came up... went on a 1-40 hit streak and they had to send him back down to AAA which he pretty much skipped... 

Adley has some great talent.  He has shown some hot streaks and he has also shown some cold streaks.  Go and chart how he is hitting while catching while hitting while playing 1B.  Then... chart the pitchers he is hitting his home runs and doubles off of.  Are these high level guys?  Most of Adley's HR's are coming 1st pitch of a new pitcher.  Great plan by Adley to swing as hard as he can on the first pitch of they guy fresh outta the pen trying to establish the zone.    Adley does need to move to AAA for his bat.  My concern is his arm.  Something things off.  You don't go from his CS% in college and 2019 to 20% and have your throws going into the outfield and to the SS side of the bag.  That screams nerve issues when having to be quick and throw hard.  Nerve pain would definitely impact accuracy and velocity. 

He needs to face better pitching and get healthy because moving him to fast and then moving him back and there are too many people screaming BUST! already...  Also... what if there is a strike in 2022 without a new CBA.  If you move Adley up to MLB he is on  40 man and not eligible to play as a strike buster.  Get major league time without the Union in 2022.  Or using up his clock in a non-playing condition.

Then as a manager, if Cumberland, Ciuffo and Wynns can't do it at MLB or AAA what good is it for the other catchers AA and below to not be challenged to move up to take Adley's spot vs. moving someone down to fill a spot?  The draft is coming up.  The Orioles will be able to pick up a couple C's to fill lower tiers to allow a natural movement up and out...  Adley move's up to AAA a couple weeks after the draft.  Maverick potentially moves up to AA to get better officiating as his defense is solid but the strike outs aren't all on swing and miss.  All his offensive numbers have improved.  But who back fills for Maverick?  Cannon was hot early but offense is way down so his games are way down... and his defense is trash.  4 of 51 runners caught stealing?  That is 8%  Only better than Sisco's 1-15 at AAA level.    Hudgins looked about to retire from KC before being grabbed by Orioles and he has defended okay, his other numbers aren't prospect worthy.  

If I was in the Orioles system and no one can see past the future apparent Lord and Savior of the Orioles they think can stick behind the dish, I would be begging my agency to be talking to the LA Angels to get into their system...  They have absolute garbage in the pipeline to the point I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a flier on Sisco but not for the 40 man.  

33 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Eshelman is brutal. The last game I saw last year before Covid was Eshelman getting crushed by the Blue Jays. Try to look away tonight. It’s gonna be ugly

I think that is what Elias wants. Arizona is further ahead with no signs of life. My guess (and hope I am wrong) he is looking at trading Santander, Means & even Mancini.

The truth is this team is about to be sold but won’t happen until Peter passes. My guess is the new ownership group is already lined up & involves Ripken. That’s the move toward competitiveness, not actual results imo.  

Just now, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I think that is what Elias wants. Arizona is further ahead with no signs of life. My guess (and hope I am wrong) he is looking at trading Santander, Means & even Mancini.

The truth is this team is about to be sold but won’t happen until Peter passes. My guess is the new ownership group is already lined up & involves Ripken. That’s the move toward competitiveness, not actual results imo.  

I hope not.

5 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yeah I could see them being sold some time soon. 

I don’t think he’s actively trying to lose games but the focus is on the development of young arms. No reason to call Wells or Bradish up to take a beating in their debut. Let Eshelman get smacked around but don’t alter the development plan of a young pitcher. 

15 minutes ago, oriole said:

Well, that certainly changes my perspective a little bit. I didn’t know that. But I stand by most of it...either Wells or Bradish could’ve made the trip. Eschelman is just just a white flag move and after the last few games (or whole season really) I’d have loved to see the organization show any fight whatsoever. 

Wells pitched 3 days ago.

Probably picked Eshleman because he will be sent out shortly. 

• Upvote 1