Monday June 28: Orioles at Astros Are we losing yet?

GuidoSarducci

11 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Is it still that every team gets an All-Star?

And as bad as the Orioles are at least they a legit all star candidate in Mullins. Means is too, but been injured and Mancini would be at least a good comeback story if he made the team. 

This isn't going to be a token Ty Wigginton makes the all star team because at least one Oriole had to go. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, forphase1 said:

Yes it was.   I'm so sick of umps being in charge of balls and strikes.  The technology is there.. use it. 

I would have expected an analytical type GM to not run out one of the worst framing catchers in the game.

If you replace Severino with a plus framer how many of those pitches are called strikes?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would have expected an analytical type GM to not run out one of the worst framing catchers in the game.

If you replace Severino with a plus framer how many of those pitches are called strikes?

Certainly a good question, and I don't know the answer.  Severino sucks at all aspects of being a catcher for the most part,  including framing.  But I honestly hate framing too, and look forward to the day it's no longer relevant.   Either the pitch is or isn't a strike... how the catcher catches it really shouldn't impact the call.