Orioles trade for INF Kelvin Gutierrez from the Royals and assign him to Norfolk; Lakins to the 60-day Injured List

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Acquiring Gutierrez is a bit of a head scratcher for me. The guy has never hit for power, seems like a high error guy at 3B, and not sure how he's part of the future or much better than Leyba as a place holder. 

Need for warm bodies at AAA if they start the carousel of 2B/3B at Baltimore?

Not long ago, Shaun Anderson was considered a a good prospect out of UF. He was the Giants' #4 prospect in 2019 according to Baseball America. Only 26 years of age, 6'04" 225 lbs. and works in the 92-94 range mostly, bumping 96 frequently. I lost track of him over the past year, but he was highly regarded a short time ago. Looking at his stats, he was a reliever the past two seasons and struggled with his command. 

Here is a 2019 scouting report from BA, a partial excerpt from the write-up. 

Scouting Report: Anderson has four average-or-better pitches with above-average control that helps all of his offerings play up. He attacks hitters with a 92-94 mph fastball that can touch 96 mph, and his best offspeed pitch is an upper-80s slider. Anderson also uses an average changeup and curveball that are effective because of his ability to throw strikes with all four of his pitches in nearly any count. Evaluators praise Anderson for his ability to maneuver through a lineup multiple times, regularly keeping hitters guessing and off-balance with a strong baseball acumen.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/players/9887/shaun-anderson/

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Have to love flurries in July. 

Years from now about a half dozen of these pitchers are all just going to run together for me.  

I'm now pushing 78 and I was shocked to remember Jose Morban when someone mentioned him.  Jason Garcia - not so much. But in a month these new pitchers will be gone from my synapses.  Spenser Watkins??????  Connor who?  ? :new_beer:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Not long ago, Shaun Anderson was considered a a good prospect out of UF. He was the Giants' #4 prospect in 2019 according to Baseball America. Only 26 years of age, 6'04" 225 lbs. and works in the 92-94 range mostly, bumping 96 frequently. I lost track of him over the past year, but he was highly regarded a short time ago. Looking at his stats, he was a reliever the past two seasons and struggled with his command. 

Here is a 2019 scouting report from BA, a partial excerpt from the write-up. 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/players/9887/shaun-anderson/

How is this guy available?

On 7/3/2021 at 7:48 PM, bobmc said:

I'm now pushing 78 and I was shocked to remember Jose Morban when someone mentioned him.  Jason Garcia - not so much. But in a month these new pitchers will be gone from my synapses.  Spenser Watkins??????  Connor who?  ? :new_beer:

Its hard to forgot Omar Dahl or Danny Baez.  I wish I could.