O's offering Unlimited Ballpark Pass - General admission for $40 a month for August and September

MurphDogg

• MurphDogg changed the title to O's offering Unlimited Ballpark Pass - General admission for $40 a month for August and September
1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Check out the details here.

Seems like a good deal if you don't care where you sit.

If you go on giveaway days and sell the giveaways, you could probably come close to breaking even on the passes.

He said sell the giveways.   LOL

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

He said sell the giveways.   LOL

I suppose home run balls hit by opposing players would count as giveaways. Odds are pretty good of getting one or two of those.

Overall I like the idea. It’s just weird that it’s standing-room only areas. Why not stretch that to include any general reserve seat, like upper deck, bleachers and such? After watching our starter get knocked out in the third, I generally need to sit down. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I suppose home run balls hit by opposing players would count as giveaways. Odds are pretty good of getting one or two of those.

Overall I like the idea. It’s just weird that it’s standing-room only areas. Why not stretch that to include any general reserve seat, like upper deck, bleachers and such? After watching our starter get knocked out in the third, I generally need to sit down. 

I have arthritis in both knees so I have a hard time standing for a whole game too.   But I'm still considering this.   Honestly, if you just go to a cheap section that is 80% empty and sit, they aren't going to check your ticket.

The biggest crowd we have had all year is 26,000, although I have a feeling at least one game -- Palmer Bobblehead vs the Nats -- will wind up surpassing that.   But most games are still under 10,000.   They are only going to check your ticket in the good seats.    Go to the upper seating bowl and don't try to get greedy by sitting in the first few rows.   Go to section 310 or 312 near the top of the escalator and go up 15 rows or so.  Absolutely no chance you will be asked to show your ticket.   Or sit in the back of the CF bleachers.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

015c3c89caf843c759294a7c9e80c640.jpg

Problem solved 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I’m not sure I’ll go back this season. Not worth it to pay $6 for peanuts and $12 for beer. Fans are being abused at that stadium (esp considering how far downhill the food has gone).

$12 for beer?   Where are you buying that?

I do agree about how bad the food is.  I know I am going to pay too much for food at any kind of event like a sports event or concert but it should be better quality food.  I went to a Padres game a few years ago and had some of the best food I ever had at a ballpark.  It isn't that hard and more expensive to make the food better.  I watch Bar Rescue and see John Tafer do it all the time!! LOL.

9 hours ago, PHRESH said:

015c3c89caf843c759294a7c9e80c640.jpg

Problem solved 

Product warning label; “Wearing the InstaChair may strain lower back muscles and ironically require the user to sit for extended periods of time. One of the steel legs may be shorter than the other and require you to insert a folded beer coaster or business card beneath it to prevent ‘wobble’. Not for use by children, the elderly, adults afraid of mockery or near anyone with a fear of cyborgs.” 

• Haha 2