Video: a deeper look into Davis’s 0-for-54

Babkins

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is a good YouTube channel and I only know about it thanks to this post. Here is a great video on Earl Weaver and his managerial style. 

Reliably insightful, stats-driven commentary with fun 8-bit graphics. (I’m sticking with fun, people, whether the topic is painful or not.) My favorite YouTube baseball content creator.

17 minutes ago, Babkins said:

Reliably insightful, stats-driven commentary with fun 8-bit graphics. (I’m sticking with fun, people, whether the topic is painful or not.) My favorite YouTube baseball content creator.

I haven't started getting into baseball Youtubers until this year. Baseball Doesn't Exist is also pretty good, but I might like Foolish Baseball better after discovering it tonight.

Thanks for posting this now I have something to stream while I'm bored working. 

19 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is a good YouTube channel and I only know about it thanks to this post. Here is a great video on Earl Weaver and his managerial style. 

I really enjoyed this and learned some new facts from the comparisons with other teams and players of the time. Long live the Earl!

The entire Davis situation is quintessential Orioles dysfunction.  Ownership intervenes and goes over the head of the marginalized GM to bid against themselves for an aging slugger who promptly forgets how to play the game entirely, and then also throws his hitting coach under the bus.  Every time I think about this worthless bozo and his endless contract I just get pissed off again.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Barnaby Graves said:

The entire Davis situation is quintessential Orioles dysfunction.  Ownership intervenes and goes over the head of the marginalized GM to bid against themselves for an aging slugger who promptly forgets how to play the game entirely, and then also throws his hitting coach under the bus.  Every time I think about this worthless bozo and his endless contract I just get pissed off again.

Worthless bozo? Dude give me a break. Is it his fault the orioles paid him what he wanted? I am no Davis fanboy by any means, but from 2012-2016 he sure was fun to watch (minus is '14 season in which he batted .196 and ops'd just over .700).  And, for what its worth, life is bigger than baseball.  He donated 3 million dollars to the University of Maryland Children's Hospital.  Good turned bad baseball player? Sure.  Worthless bozo? far from it.  Pound sand.