Plutko DFA, other moves

eddie83

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

The 60 day move is meaningless since it’s back dated to when he went in the 10 day IL.  He can come off any time.  It simply opens a spot on the 40 man roster.

Good to know, especially since he's been throwing well in his rehab assignment. 

Well the league finally caught up to Plutko. We should’ve given Abad a look before the trade deadline. Zimmerman is just some bad luck. 

We’re 3/4 through a 100 loss season and figured nothing “positive” about any of our “prospects”.  When you’re SP prospects are all looking like RP at best, then you should trade your current RPs for whatever you can get. See Paul Fry. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Finisher said:

Just so pathetic we're picking up dregs like this and wasting major league innings on them. Strong ass "rebuild" when you have absolutely no young pitching on the cusp.

I'm sure all those college arms Elias picked on day three this year will be major difference makers down the line.

44 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well the league finally caught up to Plutko. We should’ve given Abad a look before the trade deadline. Zimmerman is just some bad luck. 

We’re 3/4 through a 100 loss season and figured nothing “positive” about any of our “prospects”.  When you’re SP prospects are all looking like RP at best, then you should trade your current RPs for whatever you can get. See Paul Fry. 

Are you saying we could have gotten something back for Plutko? I highly doubt that. I am sure Elias listened to offers on Fry as well.