Saturday vs the evil empire!

Il BuonO

16 minutes ago, Philip said:

I agree with the comment about Jones, although as I said before, I’m perfectly willing to give him his hacks at the big club, however I’m here today to say again that Scott will never be a part of a good club.
He’s too inconsistent. I’ve said this since he came up, he is completely 100% undependable. every single time you put him on the mound you don’t know what you’re going to get something terrible or something brilliant but you get the terrible enough that it spoils the Brilliant.

I don’t know if he’s arbitration eligible at the end of this season, but if he’s very expensive I would just as soon trade him away.

Lol, Scott pitched well.  Jones was the only problem.    

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

So, why did Diplan start the inning? What was the logic? And why did Lopez come in. He only threw 11 pitches yesterday, but there was no one else?

oh, well, we knew this was going to happen….I shouldn’t be troubled…

Diplan had only pitched an inning.  He retired 2 batters and gave up the infield hit that Jones couldn't handle.

Given how thin our pen is after last night, why wouldn't you start the next inning with him?

What would you have done?  (Oh that's right, you would have brought in "someone else".  The only answer you usually give.  You love to criticize the pitching moves but rarely if ever do you offer a concrete alternative).

• Upvote 1

The only thing I am thinking about right now is the at bats they had with RISP and still failed to get the big hit. We know the inconsistency of the bullpen exists so, they have to start capitalizing on our chances that they do create. It's a difficult game, but got to take advantage and create as much cushion as possible with the caliber of pitching that they bring to the field every day.