Left field at OPACY going through a big change

Sports Guy

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-rent-credit-20220126-x6ggqsdcrjcf5kldjmhnj3lniu-story.html

The Orioles expect that it will cost up to $3.5 million to reconfigure the left-field wall at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, money that will be deducted from their rent over the next few years.

Top state officials on Wednesday approved a plan for the Maryland Stadium Authority, which owns the downtown stadium, to discount the baseball club’s rent in exchange for the work that’s being done.

The financials of the project have been released.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

LOL, that name does sound better, in spite of me not liking the name for the football team.

Had an email exchange with Weams before he got sick about weather I should change my name because of the debate going on, and one of the other posters kept complaining it was offensive to him. His guidance was as long as I was okay with RR, then keep it and dont let the hate from others influence your opinions.

You should go with Washington Football Team Rick.

4 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

How about Commando Rick? Commie Rick? Comrade Rick? 

What a terrible choice of names for the football team. Hard to say whether Cleveland Guardians or Washington Commanders is worse.

You guys need to stop telling Rick to go commando. This is a family-friendly site.

32 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

You guys need to stop telling Rick to go commando. This is a family-friendly site.

If he used that name, I wouldn't have any way of knowing whether he was living up (down?) to it. Maybe you would, but I wouldn't. 

I do expect some discussion of that issue and the Commanders in the next few years.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

If he used that name, I wouldn't have any way of knowing whether he was living up (down?) to it. Maybe you would, but I wouldn't. 

I do expect some discussion of that issue and the Commanders in the next few years.

Oh yes. There's going to be no shortage of jokes headed their way.