Left field at OPACY going through a big change

Sports Guy

On 2/25/2022 at 1:05 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The new OPACY left field is reminding me of the Rangers old ballpark. But, that section where the new left field wall connects to existing outfield fence is awkward looking. 

9d983f66-bd21-4935-9a0b-7fe00422a966-lar

Batting practice in left field was dangerous.  Balls coming in hot both in front of you since the section was raised up, and those going over your head would riccochet off the back wall.  Always had to have your head on a swivel.  

On 2/27/2022 at 4:18 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

Batting practice in left field was dangerous.  Balls coming in hot both in front of you since the section was raised up, and those going over your head would riccochet off the back wall.  Always had to have your head on a swivel.  

Sounds similar to Houston, where half of the BP homers to left bounce of the back wall and back towards the field. Fun place to watch BP.

• 2 weeks later...

What I'm happiest about is these seem to be in reverse order, and the most recent pic in the upper left shows some green coming through whatever material it is they've got over the previously disturbed turf.  

I mean, Nicole must've been antsy as hell to get that green back!

45 minutes ago, interloper said:

It's quirky. I don't get hideous though. I think this is going to be so normal looking after about a month, we won't even be thinking about it. 

I hate everything about it. I think it's a major detriment to the aesthetics of the park. Not all changes are good.