Left field at OPACY going through a big change

Sports Guy

How many balls will actually kick off the 90 degree angle? I doubt very many if any will. But it will be a 13 feet high wall, so I guess it has potential to happen. The new LF line on the other hand plays like a pinball machine with balls down the line now hooking towards the right. That has potential for balls to be misplayed. 

Would be cool to angle the LF side of the bullpen to increase the chance of rebounds off the wall at odd angles.  Sounds like a positive change to me, especially for our young pitchers, who probably felt every fly ball was going to be a HR.  Who will be the first O's hitter to whine about the HRs they lost.  Whenever there is a large ballpark (or maybe 1/2 a ballpark), there is always whining by a power hitter about the HR they lost. 

I really like this decision.  I for one get bored with all the HR's in baseball as a whole.  I think you will see Oriole hitters worry less about launch angles and just try to hit the ball.  Usually before the summer heats up balls didn't fly out as much in April and May.  I suspect there could be some real low scoring games especially early in the season.  Since gambling is now even such a bigger deal it will be interesting to see how it affects the totals for games in Camden Yards.  

9 hours ago, accinfo said:

I really like this decision.  I for one get bored with all the HR's in baseball as a whole.  I think you will see Oriole hitters worry less about launch angles and just try to hit the ball.  Usually before the summer heats up balls didn't fly out as much in April and May.  I suspect there could be some real low scoring games especially early in the season.  Since gambling is now even such a bigger deal it will be interesting to see how it affects the totals for games in Camden Yards.  

Probably can win some easy money early on until Vegas adjusts.

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Yeah, should have made that clear. Santander's sprint speed was faster than Stewart's in 2020.

And Stewart was slower in 2020 than 2021.  I’ve forgotten if Stewart had some injuries that year.   Of course, we know he had knee issues this year that warranted surgery and still outhobbled Santander.  

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

And Stewart was slower in 2020 than 2021.  I’ve forgotten if Stewart had some injuries that year.   Of course, we know he had knee issues this year that warranted surgery and still outhobbled Santander.  

Yeah, Stewart's sprint speed was above the 50th percentile in 2019. A little below average I assume for a corner outfielder, but not a total dog out there.