DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

23 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

We are pushing Rutschman level of ridiculousness that guys like Hall and Westburg aren't up. Thought this was year of the prospects?  

It was like 3 weeks ago that Hall had 2-3 bad starts in a row and we were worried he was injured. 

I do want his next pitch to be thrown in Baltimore, but this isn’t some kind of travesty.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2022 at 1:57 PM, baltfan said:

Tony, does DL appear to have the ability to throw his fastball down in the zone?  When I have seen him he seems to be fastball up and off-speed down.  I know he has a riding fastball, but even guys with those types of fastballs seem to sometimes throw fastballs down in the zone to keep guys a bit honest.  On the one hand, you could look at the strikeouts and say it obviously isn't broken, but it seems I have seen guys get to his fastball up in the zone because they were cheating and knew where to look.  

He'll go down once in awhile but that's the way fastball are played nowadays. Hitters tend to be able to get to good hard fastballs low in the zone with the newer upper cut swing paths most employ now. It's hard to get to 98 at the top of the zone.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He'll go down once in awhile but that's the way fastball are played nowadays. Hitters tend to be able to get to good hard fastballs low in the zone with the newer upper cut swing paths most employ now. It's hard to get to 98 at the top of the zone.

I am sure they have the analytics, but it did seem when I watched him guys were looking up for the fastball and able to get it more than I would have expected.  Of course, it's difficult to know if they are having him ever throw down in the zone because so often the catcher just sets up in the middle.