Colton Cowser 2022

ShoelesJoe

14 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Really looks like he is going to be forcing his way up by this time next year. I wouldn't be as opposed to trading Santander or Hays as I was a month ago.

Cowser might be the one with the most value at this time.

14 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Really looks like he is going to be forcing his way up by this time next year. I wouldn't be as opposed to trading Santander or Hays as I was a month ago.

Looked like he pulled his hands in on that one too.  Nice adjustment.  Phew!   Jordan who?

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Glad the O's didn't pick that Jordan kid.  Can't even hit High A pitching.  😝

I'm going to try and hold off awhile on that.  I'm sure he'll pick it up.  Kjerstad is off to a slow start at Aberdeen so it's a double edged sword if I pick on Lawlar. However, currently with a .553 OPS 1 walk and 10 K's and 0 homers at A+.   9 for 44.  I'll give him this.  He hasn't made an error in 4 games.  Now at 23 errors in 52 games at SS for an .878 FCT on the season.

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Whats happening right now isnt too far off. We have an OF and two IF prospects in Norfolk with no room to play them.

Well, not exactly. I think there is certainly room to play them if ME chose to bring them up. But they have been at AAA for a relatively short time. I am talking about when they used to be able to stash guys in the minors for however long they wanted.  Sometimes they'd be there for years without breaking into the Majors. The R5 draft was developed specifically to eliminate that. 

Best thing about thee home runs are they not cheapies! 

Cowser certainly looks like the guy they thought they were getting when they took him so high. I'll take the uptick in strikeouts for the power.

Since Mayo has been hurt, he's probably jumping him on the power rankings next week and could be closing in on Hall.

It’s kind of amazing to think that on June 2, Cowser was carrying a .750 OPS in HiA (.234 BA) and people were worrying that he could be a bust, or at least a severe overpick at 1-5.  Then he put up an .897 OPS in his final three weeks at Aberdeen and is just blowing the doors off at Bowie (1.169 OPS to date).  He’s at 98  PA in AA right now; Henderson and Westburg each had about 200 PA when they were promoted.  So, I figure Cowser may find his way to Norfolk by the week of August 29, which would get him 100+ PA in AAA before the Tides’ season ends on Sept. 28.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s kind of amazing to think that on June 2, Cowser was carrying a .750 OPS in HiA (.234 BA) and people were worrying that he could be a bust, or at least a severe overpick at 1-5.  Then he put up an .897 OPS in his final three weeks at Aberdeen and is just blowing the doors off at Bowie (1.169 OPS to date).  He’s at 98  PA in AA right now; Henderson and Westburg each had about 200 PA when they were promoted.  So, I figure Cowser may find his way to Norfolk by the week of August 29, which would get him 100+ PA in AAA before the Tides’ season ends on Sept. 28.

I have little doubt he'll see AAA this year if he keeps this up. Maybe sooner than later. Cowser could be in the OF mix next year with the Orioles.