You get get an Upper Reserved seat for $16 for today on Stubhub

Going Underground

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't think this was an ownership decision. I could be wrong but it appears to be at least to the level of Senior VP Jennifer Grondahl. This was the position that Greg Bader was in in the past, and I guess Greg either no longer sees the value in the Hangout as well or is no longer in a position to help. 

Honestly, i didn't even contact him after my conversation with Jennifer because it's her decision.

While I've had a good relationship with Mike Elias, I'm assuming he agrees too because I kind of let him know originally and he deferred to Jennifer. 

I'm a big boy and can accept when my run is up. I was going to make a thread about it but this seems to have devolved into it. Mainly I just wanted people to know since in the past I've been asked about things and was able to get information to the fans. 

I learned I couldn't do that with Matt Blood since he would just forward the most simplest of requests for injury information to the Pr department without even sending me a text back. He's the first guy in that position to treat me like that since I started doing that kind of contact work since 2000. 

Again, Mike has always been good in responding, but after thinking about it, I realize that none of them really care about the me, the site, or the tens of thousands of fans that have called this place their home to discuss Orioles baseball.

I'll probably shut down any new Plus memberships from starting up or renewing here shortly and then we look at what the next steps look like.

Tony, I feel Your pain but I really think you have to consider ramping up the social media bs if you want to “stay in the game”.  

I’m not saying you are doing anything wrong, just the idea of it’s a different era.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Tony, I feel Your pain but I really think you have to consider ramping up the social media bs if you want to “stay in the game”.  

I’m not saying you are doing anything wrong, just the idea of it’s a different era.

But you re talking two different issues. I'm not worried about trying to get more people in or trying to make money here. I'm not super interested in the other aspects of social media outside of here. 

35 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

But you re talking two different issues. I'm not worried about trying to get more people in or trying to make money here. I'm not super interested in the other aspects of social media outside of here. 

No I get it.  I’m just saying the larger social media presence may bring the respect to your work that it should get.

Dang.  The Orioles should be ashamed of themselves. and the Angelos' should have the franchise taken away from them for their negligence.  I have no idea why I still follow this team.  Well actually I do, it's because of this board and the enjoyment I get reading Tony's analysis and that of other great members.   I don't have one single friend who watches them anymore.   My father, a life long fan, finally gave up on the team and strictly watches college baseball.   What  a lonely sad state of affairs it is to be a fan of this hapless franchise.   For the first time in my life, I was not the least bit excited for opening day.  Worst part is my fantasy baseball league finally ended after a 26 year run.  Brutal.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Lots of empty seats today.  That’s really awful for OD.  No way around it, no excuses, etc…just bad.

Announced paid attendance was 44,461.   What’s capacity this year?   That’s actually a little higher than for the 2019 home opener, which was the last one without attendance restrictions.   

It was disappointing to see so many empty seats today.  Since I've relocated to Texas going to opening day is less in the cards for me, but I use to always make it a point to go to opening day when I was in the area.  I hope when the ML product improves attendance will follow, I still think it is a great ballpark and gameday experience. 

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Announced paid attendance was 44,461.   What’s capacity this year?   That’s actually a little higher than for the 2019 home opener, which was the last one without attendance restrictions.   

Well if that was the announced attendance, most people didn’t make it in because the UD was about half full and the lower level definitely had some empty seats.  I will say it was packed in the stores and concourse levels though.

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Orioles announced a sellout New way of counting fans. If you are in a different remote area and look at the Oriole ticket website,they count you as attending today's game.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

The Orioles announced a sellout New way of counting fans. If you are in a different remote area and look at the Oriole ticket website,they count you as attending today's game.

Its kinda like the Redskins announcing sell-outs but the stadium is only ever half full.

Remember the Red Sox selling "streak" where I think they gave away free tickets just to keep the streak going so they could get the record.  That amused me.  This, not so much.  It speaks volumes of how this organization has turned away so many fans.  They can't even sellout Opening Day.  And that's without going into all the other things they've screwed up.  This is just sad man, just sad.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I get the frustration Tony. Who can we contact there?

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

I get the frustration Tony. Who can we contact there?

Thanks, but I doubt they care enough even if some people complain. Really, at the end of the day, they decided to change their policy and that took me out. Apparently I don't even qualify for daily credentials. 

Either way, it kinda is what it is at this point.