Connor Norby 2022

Just Regular

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Tough one.  Defensively Westburg has a huge edge.   I even think Westburg has more power but Norby might be the better pure hitter and able to get to his power more consistently.   Norby seems to be hitting a different level right now.

You love your hot streaks. 😉

Norby is having one. Just like Westburg, and plenty of other top prospects this year. 

7 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Who has a brighter future? Norby or Westburg? 

Westburg defensively.

2022 has been much better to Norby on the whole (especially once he left Aberdeen).  2022 AA stat compares much better for Norby too.  Over Norby’s 227 AA PA he’s posted a .968 OPS vs 209 AA PAs with a .817 OPS for Westburg.  I honestly was expecting Westburg to have worse K metrics.  He has either gotten much better as the season went along or I just haven’t paid enough attention.  

I’m leaning on Aberdeen muddying the stats and giving Norby the edge offensively.

Wow what a year. It would be a really tough decision for Orioles MILB POY if not for Gunnar. Cowser, Westburg, Stowers, and Norby, would all have somewhat of a case. 

Norby should get the call to AAA after the Gunnar promotion. He’s in the 2B/LF/1B discussion moving forward. 

Another guy that has a case to be a top 100 prospect. 

3 hours ago, waroriole said:

You love your hot streaks. 😉

Norby is having one. Just like Westburg, and plenty of other top prospects this year. 

My feeling on Norby is that he was considered one of the best pure hitters in the 2021 draft class.   He sacrificed some of that to tap into his power and now he is starting to combine the two.     I just think he's going to hit for more average than Westburg and because of the hit tool his power may play up.   I did say that I believe Westburg has more power but it looks like he has more swing and miss than Norby and might be the streakier hitter of the two.

Just now, RZNJ said:

My feeling on Norby is that he was considered one of the best pure hitters in the 2021 draft class.   He sacrificed some of that to tap into his power and now he is starting to combine the two.     I just think he's going to hit for more average than Westburg and because of the hit tool his power may play up.   I did say that I believe Westburg has more power but it looks like he has more swing and miss than Norby and might be the streakier hitter of the two.

BTW, Joe Ortiz hot streak became more than a hot streak.  Sometimes it's a player reaching a new level.   Cowser.  Norby.  Ortiz.  We'll see.

57 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

BTW, Joe Ortiz hot streak became more than a hot streak.  Sometimes it's a player reaching a new level.   Cowser.  Norby.  Ortiz.  We'll see.

Add in Henderson at AA. It's kind of like something else is going on there to have four guys explode like that. 

I feel like we're over looking something.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wow what a year. It would be a really tough decision for Orioles MILB POY if not for Gunnar. Cowser, Westburg, Stowers, and Norby, would all have somewhat of a case. 

Norby should get the call to AAA after the Gunnar promotion. He’s in the 2B/LF/1B discussion moving forward. 

Another guy that has a case to be a top 100 prospect. 

They named two last year, maybe they name three this year.  

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Right. Mayo had the injury, so I give him a little extra leeway. Rhodes also hasn't destroyed the level. Prieto did very well for sure.

I would not say that Prieto has done very well.   I think his OPS is under .700.   He's shown little power and he rarely takes a walk.   He looked great at Aberdeen because he had a power surge down there (of all places).   Without the power, he's a utility guy.  However, the Orioles org has done a pretty good job of getting players to tap into their power so maybe there's still a chance.

I question the physical condition of Rhodes.   Perhaps he's had some kind of nagging injury and I believe there were reports of back issues in college (not 100% sure on that).  He seems to sit out more games than any other "real" prospect plus he missed time with an actual injury (or was it Covid).    Rhodes is about the same age as Fabian so I definitely am curious to see if he can have a breakout season at Bowie next year.   Remember, he started out red hot the first 2-4 weeks of the season in Aberdeen before cooling off.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

HR first AB today. Norby might be on the hottest batting streak I’ve ever seen. 

He had a stretch in the end of July into August with 5 homers in 8 games.   Tonight puts him at 6 homers in his last 7 games with tonight's game still incomplete.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He had a stretch in the end of July into August with 5 homers in 8 games.   Tonight puts him at 6 homers in his last 7 games with tonight's game still incomplete.

I’ll go with Rylan Bannon, Aug. 11-24, 2021.  Ten homers in ten games, 1.778 OPS.  And he sucked before and after that streak. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll go with Rylan Bannon, Aug. 11-24, 2021.  Ten homers in ten games, 1.778 OPS.  And he sucked before and after that streak. 

Yeah.  Pretty amazing how a hitter can get zoned in and then ........... nothing.