The LF wall tracker

OsEatAlEast

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, but I thought someone was tracking how many it cost us and the other teams to see if they even out.

I think that's kind of a quixotic goal.

But clearly the most influential in terms of runs scored was Santader's just now.

Hated the concept when they announced it, really hated it when they showed the first construction pictures, and absolutely hate it now.  It's an eyesore and was way too drastic of a change.  I honestly don't know how anyone can like it (but certainly respect that others do).

• Upvote 2

If they are smart you build the team like the Yankees do with there insanely short left field porch.  Build your team around left handed batters or at least guys that like going to right then add lefty starters forcing teams to use their right handed lineups.  

16 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

If they are smart you build the team like the Yankees do with there insanely short left field porch.  Build your team around left handed batters or at least guys that like going to right then add lefty starters forcing teams to use their right handed lineups.  

Or, or, you try Elias' way of making your left field porch insanely far and then make sure you have a right-handed heavy lineup. At least their top hitting prospects are mostly left-handed.

I'm certainly enjoying this purer, more aesthetically pleasing form of baseball. I don't need to see grand slams against hated rivals to have a good time, warning track fly balls are good enough for me, yes sir.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Or, or, you try Elias' way of making your left field porch insanely far and then make sure you have a right-handed heavy lineup. At least their top hitting prospects are mostly left-handed.

I'm almost convinced Adley, Heston, and Colton are not real.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sydnor said:

“[T]he easiest park to homer at in 2021 to the most difficult in ‘22.” 

I don’t think this is statistically meaningful yet, by a long shot.  Very few balls have been hit anywhere near the old fence line.   Obviously it’s harder to hit a HR to LF now, but we are a long way from knowing if OPACY will play as a below average park for homers this year.  I’ll go on record saying it will not be close to the hardest park in which to hit a homer when the season has played out.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think this is statistically meaningful yet, by a long shot.  Very few balls have been hit anywhere near the old fence line.   Obviously it’s harder to hit a HR to LF now, but we are a long way from knowing if OPACY will play as a below average park for homers this year.  I’ll go on record saying it will not be close to the hardest park in which to hit a homer when the season has played out.  

But the best time to tweet something for maximum impact is 6-12 months before the slightest hint of statistical significance. If Travis Sawchik had waited for real evidence he'd have lost countless followers on social media. That's far worse than being the 12,334,556th person to present comically premature information as fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I did not state that it was statistically significant. I merely posted a tweet about the new LF dimensions on a message board because I thought it was of some interest given that we only have one month of data regarding the new LF dimensions. I didn’t say that 1 month of data means that the team should move LF back to its prior dimensions (no need to lawyer me by explaining that it’s actually less significant because team has only played 9 games at home or 11.11% of its home schedule). The LF field dimensions are similar to PNC, which ranks 28th in HRs since 2017 (which can be afforded whatever statistical weight you desire). I don’t know where it will end up, but bottom 5 in the league would not be shocking to me.

• Upvote 1