ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Angelos wants Tex. That's why we'll get him. He's been courting and charming Tex anticipating this opportunity for years.

He's wanted him for years, and at this stage of his wealth, and his life, price is just something you negotiate, not something that breaks a deal.

We'll get him because Mr. Angelos wants him.

Why is it taking so long for Tex to make a decison?

I WANT ANSWERS!

You want answers? You can't handle the answers...

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Elon Os Fan? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Orioles and curse the Red Sox; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the answers because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

;)

Archived