Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium

SteveA

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Because of Sig and his wonderous analytics team if I had to guess. 

Someone -- I think it was Hyde -- said other teams are having the catcher set up that way. Not sure you can blame our pitchers'' lack of command on that. Most of these guys are pitching for the Orioles because they couldn't make it somewhere else, and lack of command or inconsistent command, regardless of how the catcher sets up, is probably a part of that failure for many of them. They may have a few good innings, or games or even weeks, but it's not going to last until they become better pitchers. Many of them won't ever get there.

And with that, here's Lakins. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Watching the Orioles play baseball in New York against the Yankees is about as much fun as sandpapering your body then jumping in a bath of rubbing alcohol.

Grant it, it usually is not much more fun against anyone else since they've decided that winning baseball games is not something they're really into any more. :D

Nothing worse then it not even being May and you already know you team stinks once again.

I go with hydrogen peroxide cause I like the bubbles.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Someone -- I think it was Hyde -- said other teams are having the catcher set up that way. Not sure you can blame our pitchers'' lack of command on that. Most of these guys are pitching for the Orioles because they couldn't make it somewhere else, and lack of command or inconsistent command, regardless of how the catcher sets up, is probably a part of that failure for many of them. They may have a few good innings, or games or even weeks, but it's not going to last until they become better pitchers. Many of them won't ever get there.

Sounds like some Davey Johnson stuff.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Oh yeah, I'm well aware that many of the players on the roster wouldn't be in MLB right now if wasn't for the Orioles. That said the bullpen has been way better then I expected this season.  And for our pitching staff it's hard to expect them to shutdown the Yankees hitters in this bandbox.