Rougned Odor 2022

OsFanSinceThe80s

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Odor does make the occasion highlight play, but he misses too many routine play.   Bring up Martin ASAP.  He doesn't bring much with the bat, but neither does Odor.

Martin also doesn't bring much with the glove.

Can't they bring up someone good?

So, I’ve been watching Odor closely to see if there was any chance he could be resuscitated at the plate.  I’m convinced that he can’t.   He’s got an open stance, and he’s trying to turn on pitches, but he can’t.  Anything hard on the outside part of the plate he either misses entirely or hits weak foul pops into the stands.   Plus he’s got this hitchy loop in his swing, trying to generate power, that just generates pop-ups.  He’s done, done, done.  

I kind of like the way he starts and finishes double plays.   He’s much better at that than any of last year’s second basemen.  But that’s about his only positive quality.   He’s error prone and his range is average at best.   

I wish I could say we had some obviously better alternative now, but we don’t. But I’m ready to try anyone else.   

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, I’ve been watching Odor closely to see if there was any chance he could be resuscitated at the plate.  I’m convinced that he can’t.   He’s got an open stance, and he’s trying to turn on pitches, but he can’t.  Anything hard on the outside part of the plate he either misses entirely or hits weak foul pops into the stands.   Plus he’s got this hitchy loop in his swing, trying to generate power, that just generates pop-ups.  He’s done, done, done.  

I kind of like the way he starts and finishes double plays.   He’s much better at that than any of last year’s second basemen.  But that’s about his only positive quality.   He’s error prone and his range is average at best.   

I wish I could say we had some obviously better alternative now, but we don’t. But I’m ready to try anyone else.   

Amen. I strongly believe Urias at 2b, Mateo at SS and Guterriez at 3b is our best team with Bannon getting a long look. Martin as utility perhaps. Pitching needs a strong defense. Adley should slightly improve offense and maybe give Diaz a look if Hays out longer. Just my .02

24 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Amen. I strongly believe Urias at 2b, Mateo at SS and Guterriez at 3b is our best team with Bannon getting a long look. Martin as utility perhaps. Pitching needs a strong defense. Adley should slightly improve offense and maybe give Diaz a look if Hays out longer. Just my .02

1.  How does Bannon get a long look with Guterriez at 3b? 
2. Diaz just went back in the IL. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Wait what??? After yesterday’s game? Damn it!

At this point, just assume that Diaz is on the IL at all times, and be shocked and amazed when he isn't.  It's easier on the soul and constitution than the other way around.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

At this point, just assume that Diaz is on the IL at all times, and be shocked and amazed when he isn't.  It's easier on the soul and constitution than the other way around.

Man, this dude should have a Topps baseball card with him in a wheelchair. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

Yea. Diaz and Vavra are always on the IL. Never question that. 

Looks like we’re back to square one being our best option,

3B - Guiterrez 

SS - Mateo

2B - Urias

Util - Odor/Martin (really doesn’t matter)

The IF is a train wreck. 

5 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Seems like a great clubhouse guy.  Good to see him have some clutch hits.

Yes, it seems he’s very well liked in the clubhouse, including by Hyde.   I just wish he was a better player.  But he’s come through in a few big moments, so good for him!