The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh for Christ's sake, if he signs with the Red Sox, it's not the end of the world, they've just added the pieces to replace Manny and Lowell with Bay and Tex, whoop-dee-fricking-doo, baseball players play baseball to win and make money, not to garner fan sympathy, if you hate Tex because of this, well then, hate yourself when you get an offer from a more successful company to make more money than where you are now and you accept it.

So, basically, as I've stated before, get over yourself/your Baltimore inferiority complexes and learn to deal.

I wasn't born in nor am I from Baltimore there buddy. So your last cheap shot was pointless.

And honestly, I have had chances to go to another job and make more money, but money wasn't everything to me. And I find myself quite happy.

And the way I choose to feel about somebody isn't any concern of yours.

I think before everyone cries in there beer, everyone should take a step back. There is alot of things that happen in a negotiation. Media reports are always going to be out there. Team personal usually do have face to face meetiings with said player and agent. We have!!!!! Until you hear that Tex has signed somewhere, don't get to down.

I can not think of a reason why Teixeira would fly to Texas to speak with the Red Sox. Why wouldn't they just meet in Boston? It would not worry me if Boras was meeting with Red Sox brass as long as Teixeira was not there. I expect to see a report stating that Teixeira has signed with the Red Sox sometime tomorrow morning. It was fun while it lasted, but I have just lost a great deal of interest in the Orioles.

Boras will never close the door on any GM. I can guarantee you that. The only doors that get shut are by the GMs themselves. Boras will ask the Red Sox for another offer, and then call MacPhail and ask him to beat the offer. If MacPhail decides to play ball, then Boras is happy. If MacPhail says no, Tex is a pair of red knee-highs. Either way, Boras is going to put it in the hands of the GM to make the final call.

Guest BrettMeister86

If they stand pat on their initial offer they will lose the city of Baltimore for good. OPACY will be a ghost town, Markakis won't extend, Roberts will be traded, and the Orioles may be playing in another city within the decade. Nobody in their right mind wants to see this current team compete against the AL East. If they don't increase their offer THEY WILL LOSE THIS TEAM.

Guest rochester
I don't care that they are in Texas, I want to know why AM is not in Texas

My guess is that his Superman outfit is at the cleaners and it would not be as impressive if he broke into the middle of negotiations and save Tex.

Any chance you were expecting this?

Is this the new media report that Belkast said to expect? :scratchchinhmm:

I think I just heard Sherlock Holmes, the Hardy Boys, Hercule Poirot, Dick Tracy, Miss Marple and Batman all singing a chorus of "Man I can't figure this s@#@ out!"

but I have just lost a great deal of interest in the Orioles.

Why? Did you really think the O's would sign Teixeria when perennial winners and high spenders like Anaheim and Boston were pursuing him?! Put the money towards something more meaningful. Lock up Markakis. Save some of the bucks for next year's #3 overall draft pick. Do the things the Devil Rays did. Scout Asia. Et cetera. Tex would have been nice, but let's get what we really need here.

I can not think of a reason why Teixeira would fly to Texas to speak with the Red Sox. Why wouldn't they just meet in Boston? It would not worry me if Boras was meeting with Red Sox brass as long as Teixeira was not there. I expect to see a report stating that Teixeira has signed with the Red Sox sometime tomorrow morning. It was fun while it lasted, but I have just lost a great deal of interest in the Orioles.

Nobody here knows why Tex is in Texas. But the Boston group is flying there because that just happens to be where he is. This is their chance to present their "wow" offer and make a face to face sales push. This doesn't change the reality that Teixeira will want to know our final answer. Not just because he grew up an Oriole fan and would like to play here, but because Boras is smart and will require him to wait for the Orioles last bid.

The second those guys step off the plane and sit with Tex at the Cinnabon in the Houston airport, and Epstein looks over at him and calls him Mok Tay-shaira, offering him almost "tirdy mill" a year, I think he'll be disgusted enough to get in his "cah" and come right back to Baltimore.

:D

Archived