Home Run Chain

yark14

1 hour ago, SouthRider said:

What is the protocol for these things?  Do guys still get to wear the chain, hat, or blazer if they hit a Homer while their team is losing 10-2?  

I like it as far as props go.   

From the Orioles Home Run Chain Rulebook:

"The Home Run Chain shall be bestowed upon the originator of the home run only when the home run occurs when the Orioles are ahead in the game, or whence the home run in question ties the game."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brooks The Great said:

From the Orioles Home Run Chain Rulebook:

"The Home Run Chain shall be bestowed upon the originator of the home run only when the home run occurs when the Orioles are ahead in the game, or whence the home run in question ties the game."

Was Hays still wearing the Chain at the end of the game because his HR put the O's in front?

I love the story behind how they got it. It was mentioned on the broadcast tonight that a fan was wearing it and one of the O's asked the fan if they could have it. I'd love to know what they gave that fan in return. It would be pretty awesome to see the players wearing it with pride the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 1