Dean Kremer 2022

emmett16

• Tony-OH changed the title to Dean Kremer 2022

Not expecting much but these two outings give me hope that he might turn into a valuable bullpen piece.  Whenever I watched him pitch he looked like a 2 pitch pitcher and the curve was never as good as advertised. 

10 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Not expecting much but these two outings give me hope that he might turn into a valuable bullpen piece.  Whenever I watched him pitch he looked like a 2 pitch pitcher and the curve was never as good as advertised. 

I’ll take it. It’s a relievers game. Look how moving to the pen has helped Lopez and Akin. Let him get in a role and have success at the MLB level. 

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

A much-improved changeup is starting to be a running theme this year. 

Yeah, it's pretty clear that Holt has made that a priority throughout the organization. The changeup Kremer was using last night was the best I've ever seen from him. It bordered on a plus pitch at times.

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Tell you what, Kremer has a much improved changeup. He was getting swings and misses on the pitch with good vertical movement.

Tony's implying something here. I'll go ahead and state what Tony's post means to me. Probably overstating it, actually.

Kremer used to miss a lot of bats in the minors. As he made it to the majors, he kind of hit a ceiling stuff/command wise. If he adds a plus change to his repertoire, this is a significant development. He could be a very valuable starter for the O's. Not saying Hall/Rodriguez valuable, but #3/4 starter upside is there IMO.

You know, Rodriguez, DL Hall, Means, Zimmermann, Bradish, Kremer, T. Wells ain't a bad starting point for putting together a future rotation.  Two excellent, young top of the rotation types followed by lots of decent options for 3-5 (or 6 the way the game is developing).  If guys like Rom and Brnovich develop or a Baumann, A. Wells, or Lowther figure things out, that's just icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Tony's implying something here. I'll go ahead and state what Tony's post means to me. Probably overstating it, actually.

Kremer used to miss a lot of bats in the minors. As he made it to the majors, he kind of hit a ceiling stuff/command wise. If he adds a plus change to his repertoire, this is a significant development. He could be a very valuable starter for the O's. Not saying Hall/Rodriguez valuable, but #3/4 starter upside is there IMO.

Well Kremer's changeup improved a lot last year, but he still left it up too much in the zone and it got hammered. He needs to throw his curveball faster as well as those 75 MPH curveballs are not hard for major league hit to square up if you don't hit your spot. 

Kremer's problem has been more about command than stuff. We'll see if that improves consistently like Akin's did this year in his new role.