Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Thread we'll see if that happens: "Why does Elias always rush prospects!"

I don't care if Adley goes 0-4 tonight and allows a passed ball. Many players have started out slow and there's nothing left to learn for him in the minor leagues. 

Got to give these guys time.Witt seems to be getting a little better each day. Torkelson has not been good. But some top prospects become stars. Most are average.Some fail badly.

29 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Thread we'll see if that happens: "Why does Elias always rush prospects!"

I don't care if Adley goes 0-4 tonight and allows a passed ball. Many players have started out slow and there's nothing left to learn for him in the minor leagues. 

I expect nothing less than a HR from the left & right side.  Anything else is obviously an utter failure.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Got to give these guys time.Witt seems to be getting a little better each day. Torkelson has not been good. But some top prospects become stars. Most are average.Some fail badly.

None of the number one picks in the draft since 2012 have become stars except for Carlos Correa taken in 2012 .  Some have been disasters.. Mark Appel comes to mind 

Adley will need to continue to work hard to be a star .. very few MO players reach that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

True Cal was younger from a development point of view, but he was also coming off a season at AAA with a .919 OPS in 1981. If Adley starts out cold in his first 40 at bats it's not time to panic (at least yet). 

I have no idea if a 919 in the International league in 1981 was impressive or not.

Probably I guess?

Good article on Rutschman and what to expect from him. 

What to expect from Adley Rutschman

If that was all, he’d still be really, really good. As my colleague Jim Callis has often said, if somehow Rutschman couldn’t catch, he still could have a Mark Teixeira-like career. For those of you who don’t remember, Teixeira hit over 400 homers and drove in close to 1,300 runs.

But here’s the thing. Rutschman isn’t just a catcher. He’s a Gold Glove-caliber one, with a hose for an arm. He’s thrown out 31 percent of potential basestealers, he blocks and receives very well and pitchers can’t say enough about how much they love working with him. He leads behind the plate and that rapport will be important as the young arms in the system come up. (We’re looking at you, Grayson Rodriguez and DL Hall.)

Who knows, but from what I read he is more Catcher/Defense skilled at the moment than he is a hitter.  If true, with his work ethic, his hitting should be more than enough  very soon.  And his ability to work with the Pitchers is sorely needed here.  If he is 70% as good, Now, as his hype, it is a Grandslam Homer in the bottom of the ninth  and then some.

i