Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Where's @wildcard? anyone hear from him yet?  I'm worried about the little guy, he might have spontaneously combusted after hearing the news.

Someone check on him, please.

@wildcardplease check in and let us know you’re not in a catatonic state of shock.

I had a feeling it would finally be today after Adley sat at Norfolk yesterday. It’s a weekend homestand and summertime weather the perfect time for Rutschman to make his debut. 

We as fans need to give him some time to adjust to MLB and for now be happy he’s finally promoted to the show. 

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Buster is really turning into a first class douchebag 

He's anxious the Orioles are going to be beating his Yankees a lot more in the not too distant future.   Cole definitely isn't tapering off any, and how much again for Aaron Judge?    You can't lose that guy.

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

Bemboom has a solid enough glove to be a good backup catcher, and... Chirinos is 37 years old. 

It's nice to have Bemboom right there in AAA in case Chirinos gets hurt, falls off a cliff performance-wise, or decides not to resign with us next year. 

Yes, defensive backup catchers are often a dime a dozen in the league, but it's good to be dealing with a known quantity, and I'm glad we have Bemboom in the system.  One less thing to worry about.

Don't we need to worry that another team will claim Bemboom?

1 hour ago, survivedc said:

What does “controlling his innings” mean? Why is that something that has to happen in AAA and not the bigs? You may be playing devils advocate, just curious.

It’s easier to do that at AAA than in the majors. Built in off day every week. Ramping his pitches up.  

Of course big leaguers have innings limits. That said I’m sure they have they have mapped out a plan. 

7 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Don't we need to worry that another team will claim Bemboom?

Oh, we DFA'd him.  For some reason I thought I read that he was optioned.

Well, I guess some team desperately needing to fill a void at backup catcher could grab him, but are we really in danger of a claim?  On the offensive side of things, he and Chirinos were one of the worst catcher pairs in baseball.  All the value is defensive.

• Upvote 1