Owings DFA’ed

Legend_Of_Joey

It's about time.

That would mean we now have an extra 40-man spot since Voth took Sedlock's 40-man spot. I think we see Voth for an outing or two in low leverage and then DFA him and hope he passes through and we send him to AAA and try to "fix" him there (a la Logan Allen). That may then open the door for Martin to be promoted who can then take the open 40-man spot. 

Just now, jamalshw said:

It's about time.

That would mean we now have an extra 40-man spot since Voth took Sedlock's 40-man spot. I think we see Voth for an outing or two in low leverage and then DFA him and hope he passes through and we send him to AAA and try to "fix" him there (a la Logan Allen). That may then open the door for Martin to be promoted who can then take the open 40-man spot. 

I know one guy who is going to be thrilled 

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure what's more of a relief:  that Owings is gone or that the incessant whining about how he's still on the team can now come to an end.

Probably that he's gone.  I'm sure there's other stuff to whine about.

No doubt. This crisis is over.  

Will have to see if MLB kicks the can down the road more again with the pitching rules. As of now on June 20 teams can’t carry 14 pitchers  

Trying to protect staff until then. Then you have 3 weeks until ASB. Orioles are off June 20. 

If you have to go 13/13 with position players and pitchers good chance it’s Martin back then if not before.