Heston Kjerstad 2022

joelala

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m thinking this is the plan. The FO has a set number of ABs in mind for him. I’m just happy he’s healthy and back playing. I don’t think they push him too hard the rest of the year. The AFL won’t happen, and I can’t really argue Elias not liking that. 

Curious why you think not?

Start of Spring Training he was past myocarditis and right away in live games.   Chasing Adley's "inside the park HR" on near Day1 was when he suffered the hamstring injury that took 2-3 months.

If his hamstring had been healthy, I don't think they would have been shutting him down midseason.

I don't know what the Club will do, but with him playing well so far in his Age 23 season, October games seem like they'd be beneficial.    Ballpark wise Arizona might be a nice dessert after the cavernous Aberdeen summer he's about to have.

Obviously Kjerstad is older, but by pedigree and experience his pro debut 2022 basically similar to 2021 Torkelson.

Counting this .400 stuff in Low-A as a mere warm-up activity, last year Tork went:

High-A: 1.000 OPS in 30 games

AA: .925 OPS in 50 games

AAA: .875 OPS in 40 games

Aggregate 267/383/552 with 30 HR and 114/77 K/BB in ~500 PA.

Age-based models wise, Kjerstad 2.12.1999 is half a year older than Torkelson 8.26.1999

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Kjerstad’s average up to .429, I started wondering about the last time minor leaguer hit .400.  Here’s a pretty cool article on the topic.  I had no idea that Jose Altuve was 4 hits shy of hitting .400 in his 2011 season, which he split between high A and AA.

https://www.mlb.com/news/players-who-hit-400-over-minor-league-season-c290613182

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Did you make the trip?  How was traffic?

Express lanes big help.  We start south of Pentagon so past worst of downtown to begin with.

Willems at 1B tonight, he and the SP weren’t able to execute a 3-1 early.

Benscome batting 6th up with two outs, nobody on in top of the 2nd tried to bunt his way on, telling me a little about the kind of hitter he sees himself as for now.

Kjerstad I think will get once more up down at least 9-1 as Fred Nats Bat in the bottom of the 8th.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1