Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

25 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Why ? I chose Allan over Hamel because you get the better ranked player but he’s about a year removed from TJ. I’d Do the same deal with Hamel. Lopez probably brings back 2-3 good pieces on his own. I went Ramirez, Dominquez, and Suarez mostly because they fit the A level player stuff to help stock the lower levels. Looking to see if they have anyone that you could slot in higher didn’t happen. They need pitching and their minor league cupboard is bare. They might overpay depending on what else is out there 

Allan hasn’t thrown in a game since 2019, so he’s a lottery ticket. Watching videos of Mets prospects, Hamel is the only one I really liked. What we really need most is pitching, and if we’re trading away valuable MLB players, we should be addressing our needs. For a larger trade including Lopez, I don’t see us matching up well. Their top position prospects aren’t guys who fit us very well either. 

Would really like to see us get enough to trade Trey.  I feel this way for many reasons, most of all to give him a chance to go win elsewhere. He deserves that chance.

The Mets line up for Trey fairly easily but I agree a larger trade, maybe not so much.

Santander for Snell is still something I hope they are looking into.  

I’m not trading Trey just for the heck of it but if they get something like what Bowden mentioned, I’m jumping all over that deal. 

I think trading Santander, Trey and Tate is still the way to go.  I would still trade Mullins for ML ready pitching.  I think that’s our best way to acquire long term high level pitching while also keeping our best prospects which, for me, is more important than keeping Mullins.  However, I don’t think they will deal Mullins. 

But if they can come out of this deadline with more prospects to fit somewhere in the 10-15 range, Snell and the ability to find a lot of at bats for the young players that are ready to come up, I think that’s a hell of a deadline.

And it’s not a signal that they are giving up on the season either.  You add in Snell and bring up the kids and you could be an even better team.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Would really like to see us get enough to trade Trey.  I feel this way for many reasons, most of all to give him a chance to go win elsewhere. He deserves that chance.

The Mets line up for Trey fairly easily but I agree a larger trade, maybe not so much.

Santander for Snell is still something I hope they are looking into.  

I’m not trading Trey just for the heck of it but if they get something like what Bowden mentioned, I’m jumping all over that deal. 

I think trading Santander, Trey and Tate is still the way to go.  I would still trade Mullins for ML ready pitching.  I think that’s our best way to acquire long term high level pitching while also keeping our best prospects which, for me, is more important than keeping Mullins.  However, I don’t think they will deal Mullins. 

But if they can come out of this deadline with more prospects to fit somewhere in the 10-15 range, Snell and the ability to find a lot of at bats for the young players that are ready to come up, I think that’s a hell of a deadline.

And it’s not a signal that they are giving up on the season either.  You add in Snell and bring up the kids and you could be an even better team.

I think with this team, with our players/needs, it is fairly easy in theory to buy and sell at the same time. The hard part is finding the appropriate partners for that. But I do think your above scenario accomplishes that. My biggest hope is what you said last; whatever we do, I hope it clears the way for some of the younger guys to come up and get a couple month warmup for 2023.

49 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Twitter says the Mancini return requested was Khalil Lee

I’d like RHP Dominic Hamel(#9) and RHP Calvin Ziegler(#11) included in a deal. We don’t need anymore OF bats.

Lee wasn’t able to sustain that OBP in his repeat of AAA. With a lack of power, it looks like he got exposed. 

30 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

OF Michael Confroto is out there to sign as a FA. He did have a Loss of a draft pick attached to him, but the draft is over. That cuts into the Santander market. 

He isn’t likely going to play until September though. 

I'm wondering what the plan is for Mullins. Doubt they trade him, but do you extend him at this age?

Elias isn't the type to be stuck in between, and CF is really the only position on the field where we don't have a true heir apparent.

1 hour ago, survivedc said:

Twitter says the Mancini return requested was Khalil Lee

I saw that but I think it’s bs.  Why would they want Lee?  He projects as a corner OFer that is ML ready.  Unless they think he’s a CFer and they are trading Mullins, Lee makes no sense. He’s not as good as the players we already have in the system and he’s 24 with ML experience.  So he’s ready now..but so is Stowers.  

Just now, LookinUp said:

I'm wondering what the plan is for Mullins. Doubt they trade him, but do you extend him at this age?

Elias isn't the type to be stuck in between, and CF is really the only position on the field where we don't have a true heir apparent.

My guess is year to year.  I’m guessing Cowser won’t stick in CF but they probably want to make sure.  

Fabian is a true CFer apparently but I have very little hope for him to be a MLer, at least an everyday one.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

My guess is year to year.  I’m guessing Cowser won’t stick in CF but they probably want to make sure.  

Fabian is a true CFer apparently but I have very little hope for him to be a MLer, at least an everyday one.

Right. Hodo too. They have a couple of guys but no real assessment saying they can be a CF.

26 minutes ago, foxfield said:

May be but the internets says lots of things that are not true.  I do not see where Khalil Lee helps the O's.  But we will see...

Correct. Somebody (Bowden?) suggested Hamel and Ziegler for Mancini, which was much too generous. Now a Twitter handle suggested Lee, which seems too weak (unless that's all this market ultimately supports, but wouldn't make sense as our initial asking price).