Keep Mancini Thread

NelsonCruuuuuz

34 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

People have been arguing here that Canha is a solid comp in regards to a DH/1B contract. He’s making 13.275 million. That means he’s owed 6.625 for the second half. Mancini has like 3.75 million left on his second half contract. Pretty cheap for a guy who will likley be a difference maker in your lineup. It’s not the minimum but nobody is trading for a minimum salary guy. So I’m not sure his point, The Orioles could also pay part or all of that remaining money.

The Mets writer understands that he won’t be cheap in a trade. Elias said he’s not giving away players and I believe him. How much do you know about Steve Adams? We can agree to disagree, he either will be dealt or he won’t. If traded we can debate the return. If he’s not there was not enough value or Elias decided to chase the Wild Card. I guess we can have a better idea based on where we are. You said above that you thought a #10 and #20 from a middling system. So maybe Elias can negotiate #6 and some 18 year old DR players that he likes or #6 and #30. I suggested #6 amd #18 and you are saying 10 and 20.  So maybe that #9 Hamel and #21 Vasil. Or #6 Allan and #26 Suarez….I was looking for guys that they have playing in A ball since we are pretty top heavy with 16 of 17 of our top prospects are in AA or AAA

If the return is really low, I can see the O's keeping Mancini and trading Santander.  The O's need to open up a space for Stowers, so it actually makes more sense to trade Santander.  I think Santander might bring back more value because he's controlled for 2 more years.  He also has more defensive value than Mancini.  Trading Mancini and Santander at the same time could really cause the offense to tank. 

4 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

Are Adley’s Big Tits a reliable source of information? 

It's a parody account, so no. Or at least I thought it was one, when I saw tweets in the past from that account on Twitter. 

Also, I read your message without reading the message above yours and I got very confused for a few seconds. 

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's a parody account, so no. Or at least I thought it was one, when I saw tweets in the past from that account on Twitter. 

Also, I read your message without reading the message above yours and I got very confused for a few seconds. 

Apparently this account has been right about things before 

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If the return is really low, I can see the O's keeping Mancini and trading Santander.  The O's need to open up a space for Stowers, so it actually makes more sense to trade Santander.  I think Santander might bring back more value because he's controlled for 2 more years.  He also has more defensive value than Mancini.  Trading Mancini and Santander at the same time could really cause the offense to tank. 

So here is something from Bowden at the Athletic. I can’t believe Bowden is paid by anybody for his opinion. But, I understand why he was a terrible GM. The article is from Camden Chat that mentions Bowden’s article 

That information didn’t sway Jim Bowden at The Athletic, who put together an article this week on potential trades. He mentions the Orioles twice, first sending both Jorge López and Félix Bautista to the Twins in exchange for pitching prospect Simeon Woods Richardson, and then Trey Mancini to the Mets for two pitching prospects, Dominic Hamel and Calvin Ziegler.

So I was suggesting 6 and 18 and he’s suggesting 9 & 11.

The really funny part of this article for me is us giving up Lopez & Bautista for the Twins #4 Simeon Wood Richardson. Honestly I could stomach trading Lopez for Richardson straight up but why on earth would we also give them Bautista. If we trade Lopez, Bautista probably becomes the closer. No way I think this trade is anywhere near fair value. BTW, Richardson is having his best year in the minors 3.40 era in 11 starts (50 innings) with 51 Ks and a 1.13 WHIP at AAA.

MLB has Richardson as a 50 prospects with a 55 FB, 55 CB, 50 Slider, 60 change up. A 4 pitcher pitcher with 1 plus pitch if I understand their rating system. BTW, I’m not sure what his FB is at this year but said it was at 91 last year, but 96 in the past.

https://www.camdenchat.com/2022/7/11/23203437/baltimore-orioles-rebuild-mlb-trade-deadline-rumors-analysis-2022

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

So here is something from Bowden at the Athletic. I can’t believe Bowden is paid by anybody for his opinion. But, I understand why he was a terrible GM. The article is from Camden Chat that mentions Bowden’s article 

The really funny part of this article for me is us giving up Lopez & Bautista for the Twins #4 Simeon Wood Richardson. Honestly I could stomach trading Lopez for Richardson straight up but why on earth would we also give them Bautista. If we trade Lopez, Bautista probably becomes the closer. No way I think this trade is anywhere near fair value. BTW, Richardson is having his best year in the minors 3.40 era in 11 starts (50 innings) with 51 Ks and a 1.13 WHIP at AAA.

MLB has Richardson as a 50 prospects with a 55 FB, 55 CB, 50 Slider, 60 change up. A 4 pitcher pitcher with 1 plus pitch if I understand their rating system. BTW, I’m not sure what his FB is at this year but said it was at 91 last year, but 96 in the past.

https://www.camdenchat.com/2022/7/11/23203437/baltimore-orioles-rebuild-mlb-trade-deadline-rumors-analysis-2022

I’ve seen Richardson pitch.  He’s not drawing that kind of return.   

11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Interesting, I'd like to hear any examples if anyone knows of one. 

Had Kjerstad being called up to Delmarva and the date he would debut before anyone else, He was the first to report the news of Rylan Bannon being recalled from Triple-A, the players that were unvaxxed and couldn’t go to Toronto and a few other things 

• Upvote 1

As has been said before, I don't think we're going to get much for a positionally limited hitter who hits about 17% above league average, is a free agent in three months, and isn't cheap. Honestly, keeping him around probably increases our chances of a playoff berth this year more than anyone we'd get for him would increase our playoff odds in the future

9 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

2 decent pitching prospects for Mancini sounds like a good deal.  No way am I giving up Lopez and Bautista in one trade unless the return is fantastic.  What does Richardson project to, a #4 starter at best. 

2 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

As has been said before, I don't think we're going to get much for a positionally limited hitter who hits about 17% above league average, is a free agent in three months, and isn't cheap.

I think you are underestimating the value of Trey’s offense and the number of teams that need help at the positions he plays.   Trey currently has a 120 wRC+.   Here’s where various contending teams stand at positions he plays:

DH: Seattle 71, Cleveland 74, Padres 81, Mets 82, White Sox 92, Cardinals 94

1B: Boston 77, Houston 79, Cleveland 99

LF: White Sox 71, Braves 77, Cardinals 91, Boston 93, Yankees 95

RF: Padres 75, Boston 84, Braves 85, Philly 87, Tampa 89, Seattle 94, Cleveland 99.   

In short, there are plenty of contenders for whom Mancini could be a very big offensive upgrade.   And sure, you might not want him in the OF full time, but the fact that he can play those positions is a plus.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1