Joey Ortiz in July

wildcard

Great to see Joey producing at that level again. The shoulder surgery he had probably had more impact on him than most fans know. He undoubtedly lost some strength, and he could not work out or prepare for the season like he normally would. Lots of people ready to doubt him, write him off as a UT player, at best. 

• Upvote 1

I think this guy is starting to really get healthy and feel comfortable again. I had shoulder surgery in high school and even after getting physically cleared to play again there was a mental aspect to over come to trust the shoulder again. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah I’ve seen Jammer mention a few times about the shoulder injury. Starting to seem like a very plausible scenario.  I was a big fan of Ortiz last year, but disappointed that he’s getting left behind by a few people this year. Hope this turnaround is legit. 

I'm such a Debbie Downer, but I'll never forget Xavier Avery. Lightning fast. Went on a heater and had everyone all happy.

But he was never able to sustain it. Poor guy was stuck in the old Orioles player development system.

Really happy to see Ortiz hot though. Hopefully Jammer's right, along with Keith Law, and this hitting is for real. If so, good god this org has some talent.