Happy Monday!! Any promotions today?

Aglets

47 minutes ago, 86this said:

I have the need, the need for speed.  Luis with 59 stolen bases with Delmarva is flying to High-A Aberdeen.

Well, that kind of sucks, because I believe he was 1-2 away from the Delmarva SB record.  
Edit -  my memory was correct.  Darrell Dent holds the record with 60, set in 1997.  Vasquez’s promotion leaves him one short.   

Edited by Frobby

4 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Selfishly I hope they don't promote from Bowie to Norfolk this week. I want to go see this Bowie lineup on Wednesday. It's the only day I can make it.

Exactly how I felt just before they promoted Gunnar and Stowers and Westburg earlier this season! Missed them by 1 day! 🥴😆

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, that kind of sucks, because I believe he was 1-2 away from the Delmarva SB record.  
Edit -  my memory was correct.  Darrell Dent holds the record with 60, set in 1997.  Vasquez’s promotion leaves him one short.   

Hopefully he doesn't find a way to get demoted (offering that chance to beat Dent's record).  1997 seems so long ago!

BTW, when preparing the Mayo vid, I saw that Alex Wells pitched a rehab stint for Bowie in Akron yesterday.  

Where is he now?  Still with the Baysox for a bit, or moved up to Norfolk?  Online rosters still saying all these guys are still in Bowie, haven't been updated yet.

I'm not sure what the protocol is for rehab assignments. (His line yesterday was 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K.)

• Upvote 1

I think Stowers and Westburg are up this week with Phillips and Nevin out.  Henderson up after next Wednesday.  McKenna can go down temporarily and come right back up on September 1 (unless they hold Henderson down until 9/1).  Then add another pitcher with McKenna/Henderson on September 1 (I think we get two extra players if I'm not mistaken).  Be great if it was Grayson, but doubt he's ready to return by then.  

I think Hyde rightly or wrongly believes that Odor and Urias are huge reasons why we are in the playoff hunt.  They also seem to be very popular in the clubhouse.  I'm guessing Elias is trying to thread the needle by not upsetting the clubhouse (and rewarding guys who've surprisingly gotten us to this point by keeping them around), but also trying to improve the offense by bringing in the reinforcements.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

All of this said, I cannot figure out for the life of me why Vavra isn't playing everyday.  He's one of the few guys on the team that can actually work a count.  I don't recall reading reports that he was some kind of butcher in the field but they sure are treating him that way.    

1 hour ago, Low Country Bird said:

I think Stowers and Westburg are up this week with Phillips and Nevin out.  Henderson up after next Wednesday.  McKenna can go down temporarily and come right back up on September 1 (unless they hold Henderson down until 9/1).  Then add another pitcher with McKenna/Henderson on September 1 (I think we get two extra players if I'm not mistaken).  Be great if it was Grayson, but doubt he's ready to return by then.  

I think Hyde rightly or wrongly believes that Odor and Urias are huge reasons why we are in the playoff hunt.  They also seem to be very popular in the clubhouse.  I'm guessing Elias is trying to thread the needle by not upsetting the clubhouse (and rewarding guys who've surprisingly gotten us to this point by keeping them around), but also trying to improve the offense by bringing in the reinforcements.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

All of this said, I cannot figure out for the life of me why Vavra isn't playing everyday.  He's one of the few guys on the team that can actually work a count.  I don't recall reading reports that he was some kind of butcher in the field but they sure are treating him that way.    

Urias has come back down to Earth, but he's still been worth about 2 WAR in 83 games. He's definitely part of the reason why we're competitive and has been way more valuable than Odor. 

• Upvote 1

The fangraphs post is a bit old (2017) but rookie hitters contribute about 0.17 WAR on avg. I’m excited for the Orioles prospects, but people expecting a slew of them to debut, and help drive the Orioles to the finish line are probably likely to be disappointed. The likelihood of any of them outperforming Urias for instance is quite small (Odor is a different matter) 

https://tht.fangraphs.com/mlbs-rookies-of-the-year-visualized/

3 hours ago, justD said:

BTW, when preparing the Mayo vid, I saw that Alex Wells pitched a rehab stint for Bowie in Akron yesterday.  

Where is he now?  Still with the Baysox for a bit, or moved up to Norfolk?  Online rosters still saying all these guys are still in Bowie, haven't been updated yet.

I'm not sure what the protocol is for rehab assignments. (His line yesterday was 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K.)

Rosters aren’t generally updated until Tuesday when play resumes. For rehab updates, if you check out Norfolks roster, there are usually two tabs at the top. One is “Norfolk transactions” and one is “Orioles transactions.” That one usually has any rehab moves, but sometimes only the day of a game.

4 hours ago, justD said:

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Yes. He rehabbed at Bowie yesterday, 8/14. Was wondering if we normally keep rehabbing pitchers at the same level for multiple starts, especially if they have a successful outing, as I feel he did. 

I'll check the Bowie and Norfolk transaction tabs tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

46 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Rosters aren’t generally updated until Tuesday when play resumes. For rehab updates, if you check out Norfolks roster, there are usually two tabs at the top. One is “Norfolk transactions” and one is “Orioles transactions.” That one usually has any rehab moves, but sometimes only the day of a game.

I'll check the Bowie and/or Norfolk tabs tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, justD said:

Yes. He rehabbed at Bowie yesterday, 8/14. Was wondering if we normally keep rehabbing pitchers at the same level for multiple starts, especially if they have a successful outing, as I feel he did. 

I'll check the Bowie and Norfolk transaction tabs tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

I think it's usually "1 and done" when it's someone on the MLB IL for rehab in leagues for pitchers. Unless they get totally shelled. The ones that usually make a few extra lower level rehab outings tend to be minor league pitchers.

Of course, now that I said that, expect Wells to be in Bowie long enough to sign a short term lease.

• Haha 1