Wednesday, September 7: Orioles try to split series with Toronto

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Oh well, Manoa is on his game. This game is lost unless a Blue Jays releiver screws it up.

This is what happens when you blow a double -header knowing you have to face one of the best starter's in the league in one of your two other games.

The Orioles will now be 1-4 over their last 5 games. Its been a good run. 

If we can get to their bullpen (easier said than done against Manoah thats dealing) they don't have many people that can pitch after using like 19 relievers yesterday and playing a doubleheader the day before.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed. I don’t think we are terribly far off. I mean what the Jays have are some more well established guys who have a few years of experience on our guys. I don’t think the talent gap is necessarily a huge delta but our rotation doesn’t have a guy like Manoah for sure. 

I agree completely!

We need that guy to stick up at the top of the rotation who is as good or better than Manoah. And before somebody says Grayson, I would prefer in his first year that he would be able to match up Gausman.

Just now, Hallas said:

If we can get to their bullpen (easier said than done against Manoah thats dealing) they don't have many people that can pitch after using like 19 relievers yesterday and playing a doubleheader the day before.

Problem is Manoah's pitch count is low.  

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Piss poor inning by Kremer, but let's remember, this offense has two hits. Another sleep walking performance by them so far. Can't win hitting like garbage.

I’m pissed at the lack of approach. No patience. First pitch outs. 

I get it, some nights you run into a guy who’s dealing. Manoah is throwing great tonight. But our guys aren’t doing anything to make it difficult for him. In fact, they seem to be making it easier for him. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

A mathematical elimination kind of view… it is true ..Toronto could be on the verge of a long losing streak while we win a bunch in a row .. but I wouldn’t bet much money on it. 

After the Red Sox we really need to beat up on DET and WSH.  But as we've seen that's not how it necessarily goes in baseball. (We got swept by DET earlier in the season).

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree completely!

We need that guy to stick up at the top of the rotation who is as good or better than Manoah. And before somebody says Grayson, I would prefer in his first year that he would be able to match up Gausman.

Unfortunately, Grayson looks to be the guy, I hope. I mean Kremer has done well lately, Wells could be a piece. Means is solid but there’s no dude like Manoah right now. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

A mathematical elimination kind of view… it is true ..Toronto could be on the verge of a long losing streak while we win a bunch in a row .. but I wouldn’t bet much money on it. 

Of course not. I will continue to pound on the fact that TB/TOR for 5 is next week. TB up 1-0 Top 8 in Boston. 

I’m just saying a good week before the next Jays series is needed. Bottom line. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Of course not. I will continue to pound on the fact that TB/TOR for 5 is next week. TB up 1-0 Top 8 in Boston. 

I’m just saying a good week before the next Jays series is needed. Bottom line. 

In between they play the Rangers and we have the Red Sox.. if we don’t start playing better we won’t have to be watching who they are playing 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Unfortunately, Grayson looks to be the guy, I hope. I mean Kremer has done well lately, Wells could be a piece. Means is solid but there’s no dude like Manoah right now. 

But we have dispatched Manoah pretty handily in two out of his three starts vs. us this season before tonight.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree. That's why we need to go big game hunting in the offseason. Our payroll is of such that we can realistically do it.

Otherwise, we will continue to have to rely on hoping we can beat the odds and outperform our talent which I do not think is a reasonable plan for longterm sustainable success.