MLBTR top 50 free agents, with ties to the Orioles

ChipTait

10 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

MLBTR has released their list of Top 50 Free Agents.

Without consensus, they see the O's a fit for starters Walker, Taillon and/or Manaea.  The contract figures they quote seem reasonable to me.

What say you folks?

I would rank them in approximately that order, hoping for Walker out of those three. Would still prefer some others on the list like Senga, Bassit, and Anderson. Interesting they have Senga higher than Bassit.

19 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

MLBTR has released their list of Top 50 Free Agents.

Without consensus, they see the O's a fit for starters Walker, Taillon and/or Manaea.  The contract figures they quote seem reasonable to me.

What say you folks?

Provided a proven (at least) #2 type starter is acquired by other means, I'm alright with one of those guys.    I think we need to add 2 starters.   

The QO-laden 2/34 back to Boston forecast for Eovaldi I think illustrates his close call pretty well.

The Rangers, Twins and Orioles dancing with Senga, Taillon, Heaney, Manaea and Taijuan in the 6th place chase to unseat one of the AL playoff incumbents shouldn't exactly worry Mariners-Rays fans, but they'll close the gap.

Judge-less Yankees couldn't flirt with 7th or worse if Gerrit Cole keeps his health, right?     Who are the Tigers and White Sox?

31 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Provided a proven (at least) #2 type starter is acquired by other means, I'm alright with one of those guys.    I think we need to add 2 starters.   

Not interested in Manaea but Taillon would be a good fit. I’d rather take the gamble on Senga than any of the mid tier SP. Of course, if they intend to make a leap next year we’re gonna need a TOR SP too. Verlander makes the most sense but we’d probably need to go to 3 years. 

Don’t know why Abreu is so popular around here but nobody says anything about JD Martinez. Wouldn’t mind Brantley in the similar professional hitters role. 

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Not interested in Manaea but Taillon would be a good fit. I’d rather take the gamble on Senga than any of the mid tier SP. Of course, if they intend to make a leap next year we’re gonna need a TOR SP too. Verlander makes the most sense but we’d probably need to go to 3 years. 

Don’t know why Abreu is so popular around here but nobody says anything about JD Martinez. Wouldn’t mind Brantley in the similar professional hitters role. 

I’d have no problem with Martinez if you can get him on a 2ish year deal.

7 minutes ago, waroriole said:

J.D. Martinez mashed LHP last year and has great career numbers against them.  He’s a DH only but interesting for cheap.

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

I’d be interested in him at the 2/30 referenced in the article. 

I'd prefer to stay away from the DH types.  I'd rather go 4/56 for Benintendi than 2/30 for Martinez.  Not sure I even want Benintendi on that type of contract. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Ewww why? We have plenty of OF comparable to Benintendi that don’t cost 15M per year. 

Benintendi plays good defense in LF and gets on base.  We don't have a corner OF that does both of those things.   Cowser, hopefully will, but there's nothing wrong with having two like that.   J.D. Martinez clogs up the DH spot.  He HAS to hit.  His last few years show signs of decline while Benintendi is 28/29 coming off a good year.   I'd take Benintendi, and move Hays to RF.  I can DH Santander or trade him.

8 hours ago, waroriole said:

Not interested in Manaea but Taillon would be a good fit.

30 year old Sean Manaea might be exactly what we need. Big lefty who still throws mid-90's, pitched a no-hitter against the Red Sox some years back. His ERA ballooned the last couple seasons so he might come cheap, and I'm wondering if the Orioles' coaches can figure out what's wrong and get him back to what he was prior to that. 

• Upvote 1