Go Get J. D. Martinez and Zach Greinke

Bahama O's Fan

J.D. Martinez had a 1.1 WAR. He hit in the middle of the Red Sox order behind Bogaerts and Devers to the tune of 530ish ABs and drove in 62 runs. He seems like a slightly above average DH at this point, nothing more, nothing less.

The problem with him is that his presence on the roster forces us to play Santander in right ever day. I was hoping we could get away from that. But maybe not?

Zack Greinke pitched 137 over 26 starts averaging around 5 and 2/3 innings per start. Look at the extremely low K rate and the BAA. Those peripherals scream danger. The BAA is probably going to go up with the banning of the shift. It looks like having him in the rotation would come with a bunch of base runners. Remember he put up those numbers while competing in the worst division in the AL with the worst offenses. I really don't want to see what it would look like with us needing to beat the Yanks or Jays and sending him out against them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

No, but it's nice to know I'm not the only crazy one

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

No, but it's nice to know I'm not the only crazy one

LOL!

That's too funny. Rob from Baltimore (not me) called in and asked if they thought the Os should add JD and Greinke. Thought for sure it had to be you.

1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

If we are going to get a past their prime pitcher that can't miss bats I'd rather sign Cueto.  Also not interested in signing a player that can only DH unless they can really hit, which Martinez can't at that level anymore. 

For a guy that can't hit at that level, he continues to absolutely destroy our pitching.  He hit .368 against us last year and his OPS was 1.104.  This would seem extraordinary, except that his career numbers against us are .336 BA and 1.132 OPS over 100 games.  So apparently his decline has been against everyone other than us.  Maybe we can sign him just so we don't have to face him anymore.