FG’s Longenhagen top Os prospect list..Cowser at 12!

dzorange

Surprised by some of this. Notably that Cowser is so low and that both Ortiz and Povich are so high. Both players still have a lot to prove. Mayo seems a little high too. It’s still cool to see a different perspective though…really goes to show how subjective these things really are. 

They're really high on Jackson.  On the big Board, he's ahead of  Chourio -- one of the big pop prospects of 2022.

They've really knocked Grayson.  On the big Board he's currently in the 9th spot (and a ton of teams still to release).  Behind Espino and Bobby Miller currently.  Perez and Painter aren't ranked yet.  

I wouldn't be shocked if FG is the high watermark for Ortiz.  

7 minutes ago, joelala said:

Wow. Would love someone to ask him a question about it on Twitter. 

What would you ask? He goes into his reasoning pretty in-depth in the write-up. Thinks Cowser can't stick in CF, and had enough swing and miss issues in 2022 to think he ends up as more of a platoon player in a corner. Not saying I agree, but he's assuming that as the most likely outcome now. 

Overall he’s not as bullish on our farm system as some.  Downgraded Rodriguez from 65 to 55 - seems off-base to me.  Last year he had us with 45 prospects rated 35+ or higher, this year it’s only 38.   And, as noted, Cowser all the way down to 45.   

Impressive comps for Gunnar!

On a universal prospect continuum, Henderson grades out a shade below some of the 70 FV or better prospects from recent years like Shohei Ohtani, Wander Franco, Vladimir Guerrero Jr., and (gulp) Gavin Lux (who is now tracking like a 60, thank goodness) because we’re talking about a corner bat with what might be a 45-grade hit tool. Still, he’s poised to be a franchise cornerstone for the Orioles’ looming renaissance.

Grayson - the most negative write-up I've seen on him.  Really factoring in the injury, but they did cite a velo and spin/break drop-off.

12 minutes ago, deward said:

What would you ask? He goes into his reasoning pretty in-depth in the write-up. Thinks Cowser can't stick in CF, and had enough swing and miss issues in 2022 to think he ends up as more of a platoon player in a corner. Not saying I agree, but he's assuming that as the most likely outcome now. 

Sounds like he has some of the same concerns as I have but dinged him more for them or just felt he liked other players better. Our assessments are pretty close though I probably give him a better chance to overcome his issues.