Prospect Power Rankings 2023

Tony-OH

9 hours ago, now said:

For me there's a quantum gap between the top fifteen and the rest (i.e., between #15 Hall and up, and #16 Fabian and down). Or do I just happen to agree with your Tony's top 15? :) 

I don't see it that way. I think there's real upside with international guys and newer drafted guys lower on the list, they just have a long way to go. They may never pan out, but a few will almost certainly end up with better profiles than many of our top 15 now.

57 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I don't see it that way. I think there's real upside with international guys and newer drafted guys lower on the list, they just have a long way to go. They may never pan out, but a few will almost certainly end up with better profiles than many of our top 15 now.

Just curious, are you pegging certain lower prospects as future top #15, or just playing law of averages?

14 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Just make it? Like, just a cap of coffee? I'll take the over easy.

Yeah, setting the bar low of just making it (or more).  I was spit balling what I thought was a normal type system.  I thought it was low too.  

What if the line is at 20?  25?  Where would you put the line?  Trying to find the breaking point.  And even 'normal' for comparison.

16 hours ago, now said:

Just curious, are you pegging certain lower prospects as future top #15, or just playing law of averages?

My post was about the law of averages. That said, there are a few guys I like a lot to move up. DeLeon is the big guy to watch from below 15 in Tony's power rankings from what I understand. Just going by what I hear, I could imagine Tony giving him a big bump in his offseason list. I really look forward to what he writes because it's hard for fans like me to distinguish between hype and reality.

Just looking at his list, the problem I have is many of the ones I like are either really young or new to the org, so they have a ton to prove. That's the law of averages part. A couple will likely be top 15 guys. DeLeon and Baumler (who I hate to give up on) are my two personal favorites who seem to have the upside to be top 10 guys if they have healthy years.

Here are my personal favorites after 15.

17 Braylin Tavera CF 17   FCL O's  
19 Jackson Baumeister  RHP 19   FCL O's  
20 Luis DeLeon LHP 20   DEL (A)  
21 Keifer Lord RHP 21   FCL O's  
22 Luis Almeyda CF 22   DSL O's  
23 Trace Bright RHP 23   ABN (A+)  
29 Carter Baumler RHP 29   DEL (A)  
  • Thanks 1

• Tony-OH unpinned this topic