Creed Willems 2023

Frobby

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Because it's very different from the bodies we typically see from professional athletes, because he got $1million signing bonus, and because he has the sweetest mullet this side of Kenny Powers. :D

Seriously though, he moves very well behind the dish for a guy his shape, and while he's not a base clogger, he's not very fast and will get slower h in his mid-20s.

I love watching the kid play because he just looks like he's having a blast out there and his attitude seems infectious to his teammates. Would I like to see him come back into next year a little more chiseled, sure, but it may just not be his body type.

At the end of the day, his adjustments from last year to this year are probably the biggest development we've seen this year in the minor leagues. 

He's fun kid to root for and even his body shape makes him maybe that much more fun to watch because it's unlike anyone else I've seen in this year.

Feel free to dispute me on this, but  from looking at some clips and some pictures of him recently, he really looks like a guy whose face makes you judge the rest of him.  He's a beer league alcoholic from the neck up, sure, but he looks pretty fit at least in this picture:

https://twitter.com/CoachBerto12/status/1669569782348234752/photo/1

13 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Feel free to dispute me on this, but  from looking at some clips and some pictures of him recently, he really looks like a guy whose face makes you judge the rest of him.  He's a beer league alcoholic from the neck up, sure, but he looks pretty fit at least in this picture:

Sorta built like a young Babe Ruth. 😆

FV4q2iKWIAAM-iJ.jpg

13 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I see a guy who is barrel chested, wide body, with some big calfs already. The face is also an indicator. Remember though, I'm not saying he's fat and out of shape, I'm saying he has a body shape that will be tough to maintain as he gets older. Think of DJ Stewart. 

Guy just keeps getting it done. I wonder if Jackson Holliday has anything to do with it. Sometimes it takes a guy to see the work ethic, professionalism, and character to unlock themselves. Gunnar made comments last night about Cowser and Westburg being his best friends.

53 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Guy just keeps getting it done. I wonder if Jackson Holliday has anything to do with it. Sometimes it takes a guy to see the work ethic, professionalism, and character to unlock themselves. Gunnar made comments last night about Cowser and Westburg being his best friends.

I wonder if their friendship will give Elias pause if/when pondering trading any of them.....

Edited by Paul in Virginia