Stowers 2023

emmett16

40 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

For those of you saying they are giving up on Stowers as a prospect after 2 for 30, would you also have given up on Cowser as a prospect after he went 3 for 30 with no XBH to start the year at AAA?

Apples to Oranges.

1 hour ago, Filmstudy said:

For those of you saying they are giving up on Stowers as a prospect after 2 for 30, would you also have given up on Cowser as a prospect after he went 3 for 30 with no XBH to start the year at AAA?

As I said, I'm not giving up on him completely, but his offensive results have been horrid for a team that has playoff aspirations and needs production. 

I know it didn't happen on this particular demotion, but I have to think Cowser is really close to a promotion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

How long is Kyle Stowers on the IL? Any estimation on when he's due to return?

While I don't know much about the situation, this feels like it could be a bogus injury just to clear a spot on the roster.

I don't know the severity but I'm guessing it was probably something bothering him when he was up in the majors as well because he's never looked that lost at the plate. 

Plus, the Orioles signed AAAA guys to fill Stowers spot long before they needed a spot for Kjerstad so this is not a "need a roster spot" move.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't know the severity but I'm guessing it was probably something bothering him when he was up in the majors as well because he's never looked that lost at the plate. 

Plus, the Orioles signed AAAA guys to fill Stowers spot long before they needed a spot for Kjerstad so this is not a "need a roster spot" move.

Got it. Thanks Tony.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly still think this kid could be helpful to us.   Hope he gets everything going again quick.  I still think he could hit .250 with 25 bombs and 75 rbi.  

I would not doubt this fall the Orioles move Santander and Hays and open up two spots in the outfield.  Likely Cowser gets one spot and maybe Kerjstad and Stowers battle for the other.  

On 6/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, Frobby said:

I’d imagine Stowers plays one more FCL game tomorrow and then either rejoins Norfolk or goes to another full-season affiliate to do a few more rehab games.  

Went 1-2 with a walk in Saturday’s game.