Ortiz down, Stowers up

Sports Guy

Just now, Don_Aase_Fan said:

In RF and batting cleanup today, I like!

I just came to post that. Hopefully it is a sign that they're going to give Stowers an opportunity to play. 

I think Ortiz will be back soon....at least I hope so. He showed pretty well in his chances.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, baltfan said:

If he brought Ortiz just up to face the lefties and now Stowers is up for the upcoming pitchers, isn’t that what we want?   Wouldn’t we prefer Stowers playing and Ortiz not sitting the bench?   Of course, that might not be the plan here but I hope that it is. For the record, I liked Ortiz’s at-bats no would like to see more. 

No, what I want is for Westburg, Ortiz and Stowers/Cowser to all be up here and getting 4-5 starts a week. It’s not hard to do it.

No one on this roster should be playing everyday right now. Gunnar is the closest imo but until he figures out lefties, I don’t have an issue sitting him vs the BETTER lefties. 

Even Mullins, who can also be an everyday guy, should sit vs some of the tougher lefties at times.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The roster has been mismanaged into an 18-9 start.   Stowers batting cleanup today in RF and O’Hearn at DH.  I assume Santander is not 100%.  

Batting cleanup? But, but, but Hyde hates Stowers! The Orioles have written him off! 

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The roster has been mismanaged into an 18-9 start.   Stowers batting cleanup today in RF and O’Hearn at DH.  I assume Santander is not 100%.  

The record definitely speaks for itself. I think after the next series the schedule gets a little tougher and it's in the best interest of the team to make a few changes. 

The good thing is, Mountcastle and Santander have not been their best together so there's still a plenty of room for optimism regardless of who they're playing.

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'll take that kind of mismanagement every year.

It’s great that they are off to this great start against the worst teams in the league. 

The point is to do it against the best teams and be in position to make a run late in the year. This roster isn’t going to do that. There are not enough good, everyday players on it..at least not ones you can rely on.

Get the rookies up here, let them get their feet now and be ready to make a big push the second half of the year.

21 minutes ago, baltfan said:

If he brought Ortiz just up to face the lefties and now Stowers is up for the upcoming pitchers, isn’t that what we want?   Wouldn’t we prefer Stowers playing and Ortiz not sitting the bench?   Of course, that might not be the plan here but I hope that it is. For the record, I liked Ortiz’s at-bats no would like to see more. 

Elias is being way more aggressive than I thought he would be. We may get to see more prospects sooner than I thought, but they may be used strategically. 

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or just struggling.

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Santander missed a few games with a back issue and has sucked ever since. I'm suspicious there is something going on.