Pitching Moves coming

accinfo

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

I would suspect Baumann and Irvin could be sent out tomorrow to add Givens and Tate.  They are going to have to make some moves even with the off day coming Monday.

Tate??

I think Baumann for Guvens is a definite then they have to determine how much if any Irvin can give you tomorrow.  He only threw a few pitches but not sure how well he can rebound as a reliever.  It sucks we had to burn him today for just a third of inning but once we tied it up Hyde decided to go with his A guys and go for win.  Voth should be able to give you two or 3 with Perez two innings and with Givens an inning as well.  We should be ok for innings but won’t have top guys if it a close game.  

Just like they did with Drew Rom when he was nothing more than a contingency plan sitting on the bullpen bench, they're going to option Irvin and add Givens. Irvin is a starter, not a bullpen guy, and they need to get him back into his starting routine before he gets rusty. He's been sitting on the bench for close to a week now, and Givens is ready. Just at the right time too, because they will need Givens tomorrow with both Cano and Bautista unavailable/resting.  (Not sure what Baker's status will be either). Baumann is available. 

I think Baumann gets a chance to extend his considerations for the time being, knowing he can pitch 2 innings. That is, unless they decide someone in Norfolk is on a hot streak and could do the job better or they want an even fresher arm.

Tate is a very long ways away from being ready. He's been struggling during his rehab assignments and still figuring out what works, and where his arm slot is at since the injury.

16 minutes ago, oriole said:

I do wonder if anyone would claim Voth if he was designated. He hasn’t looked great this year but seems like the type of guy who could turn it around quick. 

Voth has already turned it around. He has an ERA under 3 over the last month. Between this and his starting performance last year I can't imagine he'll make it through waivers.

I think it's just going to be Baumann for Givens. I want to see Irvin stick around at least for tomorrow for length, given the heavy usage of the main guys lately.