Tuesday June 6: Orioles at Milwaukee

FlaO'sFan

Just now, Tony-OH said:

But how is throwing inaccuracy something the league has adjusted to besides them knowing they can run at will on him. Rutschman's accuracy has been awful this year. He's constantly short hopping throws or throwing to the wrong side of the base.

That's all on him. He's actually hitting better than he did as a rookie OPS wise.

It’s a fair point, and I’m really not sure. The pitcher/catcher dynamics are beyond my purview. And I admit it’s mostly the pitcher who runners could presumably adjust to.

But it’s not just his arm that has stagnated/regressed. His acquiesce to Felix throwing a non-fastball to Judge still sticks in my craw. Maybe he’s just a bit overwhelmed with all of his responsibilities.

But more than perhaps any Oriole I can remember, I do have faith he has the ability to fix it.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not a great feeling about this game now.

As much as the leadoff walk hurt, allowing runners to run at will is an issue an that's in Adley. His throws were damn right awful. 

They'll def try it in the 10th vs Adley and the Mountain.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

But how is throwing inaccuracy something the league has adjusted to besides them knowing they can run at will on him. Rutschman's accuracy has been awful this year. He's constantly short hopping throws or throwing to the wrong side of the base.

That's all on him. He's actually hitting better than he did as a rookie OPS wise.

Do you think he was more accurate last year?   Didn’t seem to be so.  People are talking about his arm but it really is just an accuracy thing.  His pop time is quite good.