2023 13th Round Pick (#391): Riley Cooper - LHP - (Jr) LSU (LA)

17 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He may require a bit more than $150K to sign, given that he has had some success (more so than Money) and LSU baseball has the ability to throw some NIL funding his way if they decide he is a priority to keep.

I doubt he is getting much in the way of NIL money and he has no leverage next year.  He also could get drafted by a team with horrible pitching development.

9 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I doubt he is getting much in the way of NIL money and he has no leverage next year.  He also could get drafted by a team with horrible pitching development.

I think the jury is still out on the Orioles' pitching development.   

30 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Time will tell, but nobody in college baseball splashes NIL money like LSU.

46 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I think the jury is still out on the Orioles' pitching development.   

Wells, Bradish, Kremer, Means, Cano, Bautista, Perez, and Baker.  They all improved under this regime. Lyles and Gibson both rebounded here. 

I think we’ve had the pitching development, it’s just the way the drafts broke it made more sense to do what we’ve done so far. Elias always gets pitching back in trades. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wells, Bradish, Kremer, Means, Cano, Bautista, Perez, and Baker.  They all improved under this regime. Lyles and Gibson both rebounded here. 

I think we’ve had the pitching development, it’s just the way the drafts broke it made more sense to do what we’ve done so far. Elias always gets pitching back in trades. 

Yeah...I guess I'm thinking too much about GRod and Hall, but they've definitely done a fine job with the guys you've mentioned.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It's important to note that most of those guys were drafted by other organizations and much of their development time was under different organizations.  I'm not disagreeing necessarily, because the staff deserves some credit for Wells and Bradish most notably, but you left out a lot of other pitchers that haven't developed or have regressed.  Our minor league system is still incredibly thin in pitching.

4 minutes ago, Otter said:

It's important to note that most of those guys were drafted by other organizations and much of their development time was under different organizations.  I'm not disagreeing necessarily, because the staff deserves some credit for Wells and Bradish most notably, but you left out a lot of other pitchers that haven't developed or have regressed.  Our minor league system is still incredibly thin in pitching.

And the strategy was decidedly to not focus on pitching but to build org value through hitters.  It's tough to grade the pitching development at this point IMO.  We've done enough to make improvements on the guys previously mentioned.  We've had our share of injuries.  We've even traded for and drafted injured players.

7 minutes ago, Otter said:

Yeah but the Orioles picked them for specific traits and improved upon them.  They didn’t get to choose guys already in the system